Swiss Radio Days - Jazz Messengers

Brad

I've been eyeballing the Sonny Rollins/Horace Silver and the Ray Charles ever since we got promos of them a year or two ago here at the station.  They're both excellent.  I've never ordered from Jazz Messengers, in spite of the great feedback it seems to receive here... what are the usual shipping costs?

2 minutes ago, felser said:

If you order enough (something like $90), shipping is free, even to USA.  The Woody Shaw Swiss Radio Days is great, but I've never heard a bad CD in that series, and sound quality is pretty amazing.  Longingly looking at the Max Roach's for several years, but they've always been too expensive.  I need to check out the sale and see what is included.

FREE SHIPPING

FREE SHIPPING

Spain, European Union, 
Swizterland and Norway.
For Orders above 30€  

USA and Canada. 
For orders above 60€

If anyone in USA wants to combine for an order, let me know.  I see several titles (including one of the Roach's) I'd like to have.

Edited by felser

8 hours ago, jlhoots said:

My only problem with Jazz Messengers is you have to sign for packages, & if you're not around the postman won't leave them. For me that's a 20 mile round trip to the post office to sign & pick them up.

I know what you mean.  My wife decided she wanted gates around our property to keep out deer from eating her plants and every time we have a package coming from overseas or that one needs to be signed, it’s off to the Post office. 

On 2/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, ghost of miles said:

I've been eyeballing the Sonny Rollins/Horace Silver and the Ray Charles ever since we got promos of them a year or two ago here at the station.  They're both excellent.  I've never ordered from Jazz Messengers, in spite of the great feedback it seems to receive here... what are the usual shipping costs?

I don't either the Rollins or Silver when I looked on the website. I see sessions that are over 50 years old and are in the public domain in Europe and have been repackage. 

6 hours ago, Hardbopjazz said:

I don't either the Rollins or Silver when I looked on the website. I see sessions that are over 50 years old and are in the public domain in Europe and have been repackage. 

I am not sure we looked at the same site. The site that opens under the link in the starting post shows a lot that are newer than 50 years. Which, besides, is of no relevance here as these are previously unreleased concert recordings where the 50-year rule is not applicable as there is NO 50-year old original release anyway. And the label is a totally official one.

BTW, the sale price they show reads more like 10 EUR to me. Not 7.74. ^_^

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don’t know what you’re looking at but when I click on the link I posted in the original post, it indicates €7.74. 

Amazing. I just checked again and it clearly says 10 euros apiece. Also see the post by EKE BBB from earlier today. I am beginning to wonder if overseas users of their website get a "different" version displayed giving even lower prices to make it worthwhile for THEM (because free shipping won't come until at higher purchase sums?). Is this ethical and will this do them much of a favor once it transpires, I wonder?

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Note you can select the language.

When I view in English, it's Euro 7.74 per disc; when in Espanol or Francais, E 10.00 / disc.

[Added] Then if I reselect English, back to 10.00! But if I clear my Internet cache and click again on the link at top of thread, 7.74 again!

Edited by T.D.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

VAT exempt?

Not possible. VAT is 21% in Spain, which would amount to 9.21 if you add VAT to 7.74.

9 minutes ago, T.D. said:

Note you can select the language.

When I view in English, it's Euro 7.74 per disc; when in Espanol or Francais, E 10.00 / disc.

[Added] Then if I reselect English, back to 10.00! But if I clear my Internet cache and click again on the link at top of thread, 7.74 again!

When I open the link above it comes on in English, of course. Yet it says 10.00 EUR.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

11 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Not possible. VAT is 21% in Spain, which would amount to 9.21 if you add VAT to 7.74.

When I open the link above it comes on in English, of course. Yet it says 10.00 EUR.

Clear the history in your browser, then click again. For me it then reverts to 7.74.