Alexander Hawkins - Iron Into Wind

Alexander Hawkins

I just wanted to share some information about a new release of mine - a solo piano recording just out on the Intakt label...

Here is a link to some audio over at the Intakt Bandcamp page (there's also another track available for preview there). Some early reviews too at the Intakt website.

I hope you might be interested in checking it out...I'm really delighted with how it all came together. 12 tracks, all new compositions.

Beautifully recorded in the studios of the Swiss Radio in Zürich by Martin Pearson; liner notes by Richard Williams...

a1217917159_10.jpg

Edited by Alexander Hawkins

First spin last night (it arrived from Intakt yesterday ... took them a bit long to cater to a subscriber in their own town I think).

My first impression is that it is indeed pretty different from your first solo album (which I enjoyed a lot), but in a good way: it's more thoughtful, and the web of references you open up with your comments in the liner notes (from Mal Waldron to Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli and Maurizio Pollini) indeed makes for an interesting frame.

I'm looking forward a lot to a first through listen, hopefully towards the end of this week :tup