Blue Note's TONE POET series.

Dmitry

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a copy of that old LT release - the UK pressing I think. At the time of release I thought the cover art for that series was cool, as time went on I was less of a fan. Fairly neutral about it now.

Happy with the 180g (or is it 200g?) ‘Wally’ so I’ll probably pass.

Edited by sidewinder

11 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I admit I had never seen this cover before.

I love it!

also me never too, whoa

did we ever figure out who the art director was on these- 

(lt series)

is this a good move for us or a good move for bluenote?  Instead of BN audiophile release on a 3rd party label now you get it from BN direct?  Glad they got kevin gray in on it.  god think if they did a steve hoffman adventures in mastering for one of these.  one of you dawgs would fly out to LA for that i know it.  Remember that, for a brief period around 2010 steve hoffman acepted aplications to sit in some mastering sessions, incl CSN debut couch lp.  They borrowed the master tape from stephen stills and threaded it ip and went to town, afterwards he even bought everybody pizza

I played my old Connoisseur ETCETERA cd yesterday, and I must say that it sounds tinny, there's so little bass. There are no mastering credits, but I'm almost sure it's got McMaster all over it. I love that my preamp has an equalizer. A little tweaking, and now I've got a listenable disk.

I've forgotten how strong of a session it was. Those 1964-1965 Shorter albums are friggin awesome.

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

I've forgotten how strong of a session ETCETERA was. Those 1964-1965 Shorter albums are friggin awesome.

For a good 10-15 years now, ETCETERA has been my #1 favorite Shorter leader-date.  I don't think(?) there's been a Japanese SHM-CD issue of it, but if so, I'd be temped to get it that way (and I otherwise rarely upgrade very many CD's I have).