Percy France w Bill Doggett

Dan Gould

Hearing the Percy France date from Allen's recent big box has me on a Percy hunt. Can anyone point me to an online source, or with personal knowledge share what Doggett LPs featured Percy? I already have an eye on copies of Moondust (King) which at least has Percy pictured on the back but there are so many records that don't have any personnel info, either on Discogs or eBay seller photos.

As always thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, Niko said:

Hot Doggett is apparently another (just googled a bit to get a sense of what you were asking), see the back cover of the French edition on discogs where he's mentioned (but I can't read the text)(this also includes a tune called "Percy Speaks").

R-8163426-1456585921-3532.jpeg.jpg

R-8163426-1456585947-1235.jpeg.jpg

Thanks! A google search shows a bebopwino post which says this is the "pre-clifford scott" lineup, so that helps to narrow down other possibilities.

And, Amazon has a $7 download too. :cool:

This is getting confusing ... the Hot Doggett LP appears to have a download available on Amazon but without Percy Speaks. How do you drop tracks from a download?

And - check this Cootie Williams reissue review:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/cootie-williams-in-hi-fi-mw0000644877

They tagged on 11 or so "singles" one of which is a version of Percy Speaks. It's only 2 minutes long could Percy be speaking on it?