Jim Hall

Sundog

7 hours ago, jlhoots said:

I paid Artist Share the "big price" when the above first came out. Like it a lot.

I keep expecting his estate to offer it via one of Amazon's "CD-R on demand" things since they still offer it via iTunes but so far, no luck. I have almost broken down and ordered the stuff from iTunes, but that would require me to sign up. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/11/2004 at 8:03 PM, Joe G said:

Listening as I type this ... Loved that little unison line at the end of the bass solo ... Very good solo, in the pocket all the way.

Some of my favorite Hall is on Power of Three, with Michel Petrucianni. Great lines, rock solid comping, and evidently, very focused listening! He's right there with everything his trio mates play. He's so good here, to me, that sometimes I get frustrated by his playing elsewhere. Grand Slam is a good example of that. I don't mind him using effects, but I'm looking for those sweet, sweet lines, and getting something else entirely. I think my own preconceptions are getting in the way in this case.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:24 AM, 7/4 said:

I think Jim in later years allowed those (guitarists) whom he influenced to influence him back. Whether that is a good thing or not is up to the individual listener. I think it may have been a good thing in his own mind. (Of course, I can't know that---never having resided there)...

• 3 years later...
On 12/23/2015 at 6:35 AM, bresna said:

I've been trying to find an affordable copy of this for years: http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Hall-Live-Vol-2-4/dp/B00AU5I9KI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

MI0003493562.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I just happened to look on Amazon today and there it was... $39.95. 1 copy available from "Artistshare". Ordered. Let's see if I get it. :)

18 hours ago, bresna said:

I just happened to look on Amazon today and there it was... $39.95. 1 copy available from "Artistshare". Ordered. Let's see if I get it. :)

It’s a stripped down version with different packaging. You get all the music (great!) but not the elaborate original packaging. I had also been looking for a reasonably priced version when I saw it offered a few years ago on Amazon. I assume that’s what you’ll be getting. 

3 hours ago, jazztrain said:

It’s a stripped down version with different packaging. You get all the music (great!) but not the elaborate original packaging. I had also been looking for a reasonably priced version when I saw it offered a few years ago on Amazon. I assume that’s what you’ll be getting. 

I have no problem with this as it's the music that interests me.

I assume that this version also omits the DVD disc? Again, not a problem, but I was just wondering.