JASON WITTEN

If you're a sports fan, I'm sure you're aware that former all-pro Jason Witten has decided to return to the Dallas Cowboys.  Thus ends ESPN's abortive attempt to replicate Tony Romo's success with CBS.  I didn't pay much attention to Witten, but I came across this description of his struggles that I found amusing:

Witten's calling card became a series of malapropisms including “He pulled a rabbit out of his head” and “They kicked themselves in the foot.”  Witten responded to the criticism in by saying, “I’m committed to the long game approach.”

Witten was a player, the real deal. Always there.

No idea if he still will be, but the Cowboys need him, or somebody like him.

Not that I give a shit, I was quite happy this past season with loving the team, hating Jerry, and seeing them have just enough success to not have to seek to resolve that.

15 hours ago, Dave James said:

If you're a sports fan, I'm sure you're aware that former all-pro Jason Witten has decided to return to the Dallas Cowboys.  Thus ends ESPN's abortive attempt to replicate Tony Romo's success with CBS.  I didn't pay much attention to Witten, but I came across this description of his struggles that I found amusing:

Witten's calling card became a series of malapropisms including “He pulled a rabbit out of his head” and “They kicked themselves in the foot.”  Witten responded to the criticism in by saying, “I’m committed to the long game approach.”

I never heard him - no interest in football these days - but, from what you posted, he sounds like a dumb version of Don Meredith.

Edited by paul secor

40 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I AM Jason Witten.

I was going to write, all Texans are brothers, but I know there are at least a few that you disassociate yourself from.

And I should have written that, based on Dave James' quotes, he comes off as a poor version of Don Meredith.

Edited by paul secor

Can't comment on Witten's announcing (never heard it), but definitely a damn good TE. At age 36 and with a history of injuries (iirc), I'm not optimistic about his future on-field success. But also to Witten's credit, he's played through a number of injuries that would have sidelined many; several of his exploits in that regard amazed me.