Nat King Cole Bear Family Sets Recording Session Info

johnmillsjr

I am beginning to feel a bit puzzled about the common denominator of the posts by Mr Mills jr.:huh:

Nat Cole and questions about session details or EXISTING releases galore.
If I got the gist of the replies to these posts right, there ARE good and comprehensive Nat King Cole discographies out there.
And quality reissues such as Bear Family usually come with very good booklets (real books in this case, actually).

What's up, Mr Mills? ;) You sitting in front of a stack of home-burnt CD-Rs where you now are trying to fill out the bones of the CD-Rs with the flesh of the liner notes of booklets you don't have because you don't have the genuine items? ;)

1 hour ago, Big Beat Steve said:

I am beginning to feel a bit puzzled about the common denominator of the posts by Mr Mills jr.:huh:

If I got the gist of the replies to these posts right, there ARE good and comprehensive Nat King Cole discographies out there.
And quality reissues such as Bear Family usually come with very good booklets (real books in this case, actually).

What's up, Mr Mills? ;) You sitting in front of a stack of home-burnt CD-Rs where you now are trying to fill out the bones of the CD-Rs with the flesh of the liner notes of booklets you don't have because you don't have the genuine items? ;)

Is Mr. Mills a friend of yours that you feel comfortable in ascribing motive without supporting evidence?

I am more and more puzzled by the sameness of questions in this succession of posts, that's all. And I am ASKING. Definitely not stating. Not least of all because I was thinking of several discussions here re- the nature of 'CD-R-ing legit releases.

But by ALL means, please DO feel free to delete my post if you feel this is contrary to what is OK to be written here. I am certainly comfortable with that and did not intend to be at odds with rules in this respect.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:05 AM, Big Beat Steve said:

I don't see how I can strike such a raw nerve with someone over a simple and innocent question.

I am a discographer- a passionate discographer. Cataloging music is a big part of my life and the legacies of the musicians deserve preservation in any shape or form.

I have several online and paperback discographies, as most of you may know, there are always mistakes made somewhere- the trick is to find as much session info as you can and compare any entries you have uncertainty about- hence why I asked about these sets.

Secondly, I would like to remind you that you are on an internet forum, and you feel you can draw some authoritarian 'points' from behind your computer screen. That is concerning, I don't have much, but I don't find any solace in an abrupt attitude. I would advise you to take steps to fix that, but you will just perceive that as a sarcastic insult rather than see the point I am trying to make. This is a forum for music- not self-serving agendas,

Edited by johnmillsjr
typo

OK, I made my point above (not authoritarian nor judging but inquiring - please note the difference). Also - as you will have seen from the replies to your very first thread here, I certainly am not adverse to replying to such inquiries. I did reply (in fact, as the first one), trying to come up with an honest reply as well as I could, checking the info I had available here. It may not have been what you were hoping for (but as somewhat confirmed by the replies thereafter it may be the only possible answer), yet confirming that the somewhat blurry dates are the only ones in existence should at least clear up the picture somewhat.
What next? Two more questions/threads of the same kind referring to the same artist and existing releases. Which puts the listing of your very first thread somewhat into perspective. And should probably leave more than one person puzzled as you did not state your intentions clearly. After all - when the third similar question came up - Bear Family boxes do come with books with lots of info. Is it, then, that you are cataloging music that you don't have? How come, if you are all into Nat King Cole, as the total of your previous posts seems to indicate? (I should have thought these reissues were the definite and final word on covering this music - as is the case with most BF boxes) Do you have the entire contents of these boxes on previous releases/reissues? Or is it that you have these reissues but NOT in their original form? (Which is just a question, not an accusation, because I am indeed puzzled about the similarity of the questions).

Now, besides - may I indeed remind you too that you are on an internet forum? Please remember there were several people who replied both to your first question and to this one, yet what remained missing was ANY sort of acknowledgment on your part of these attempts at providing you with info. Don't you think it would have been a sign of elementary "netiquette" to reply in some way and maybe explain and elaborate on what you actually are after, if only to show you are interested in engaging in some sort of constructive discussion? Just so you don't get people to thinking you just take the replies for granted.

So .... I do take your point but you will have to take my point too, the gist of which is that I do not have an "agenda" at all but I do tend to speak my mind every now and then.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

I honestly have no idea what your saying..

I just didn't like your remarks about me being a CD burner. You don't 'Inquire' in that fashion.

I don't own these sets, but I have most of the music from other sources- and I have a lot of discographies with the information about the recording sessions of Nat King Cole.

Discographies/session info/whatever you want to call it, the more I have, the more I can cross reference and weed out mistakes. I asked a simple and polite question, and you've almost ruined this thread with unrelated remarks that have nothing to do with my intentions. Not all things in life have 'ulterior motives' or deserve ritzing when all I'm doing is asking a question.

I do appreciate all the replies with the information you've all provided, this is the first chance I've had to check my post, and I've been a bit pre-occupied with replying to toxic nonsense to thank you all for your help.

Edited by johnmillsjr