Bill Evans Live at Ronnie Scott's

dougcrates

From Disk Union Japan:

Bill Evans' unreleased work is released for release in 2019!An unreleased work of Bill Evans will be released
1007866859.jpg

from Resonance of the 21st century historical label which became unnecessary now. Until now, Resonance used Edi Gomez and Jack Dijonet's trio's two most precious sources as "Some Other Time", "Another Another Time", "Another Time "and amazed the world of jazz, this work was released by Evans for the first time by Label" Live at Top of the Gate "(recorded October 23, 1968 / released in 2012) It sent out the performance about one year after. 

The trio is from Eddie Gómez, a second trio by Marty Morel, by members who have been the longest activity history of Evans' career. At the "Live at Top of the Gate" trio, I was able to listen to the fierce performance that I had in NY, but this recording was held at the name club "Ronnie Scots" in the UK, London Performance. In Ronnie Scots I have performed for 68 years and a month for the previous year and said that Eddie Gómez and Jacques Dijonette were the best performances at that time, but Evans new Performed in a trio formed in.

In the performance at the top of the gate, there was still a part that was daunting, but three people deepened deeply after a year of time. Gomez 's base line showing closely intertwined with the performance of Evans, Gomez' s base line showing the original articulation, along with a delicate swing feeling, drumming of Treo, Morre 's drumming makes the performance show chemistry in all three ways . There are things that make us feel the history of the long-lived trio that will continue until the year 74. 

The song is valuable also in that it records the initial recordings of songs such as "Sugar Plum" and "The Two Lonely People" while centering on the number Evans. Also, the recording of "My Foolish Heart" and "Waltz for Debby" is the same track order as "Waltz for Debby" which made Vanguard's work a work. I also make editing feel interesting. 

The sound source was the fact that an enthusiastic collector named French "Joe" contacted Leon Terjanian who took a picture of the documentary film "Turn out the Stars" in 2016. Evans was also tolerated, and the tape that was recorded by Joe ranged from Terjanian to Resonance and entered into a licensing agreement with the various parts concerned, and it was made into a work. The sound quality is preeminent. Not to mention the coolness of the jacket, as well as Resonance, this time also using rare pictures of Chuck Stuart, Jean Pierre Leroy and others, including interviews with Eddie Gomez and Marty · Morel, packed with precious episodes I added a booklet. This time it is a release that feels respect for artists. 

* There is distortion in the sound quality due to the master tape in a very small part of the sound source. Please note.

Bill Evans (p), Eddie Gomez (b), Marty Morell (ds)