LF Rare Bob Wilber Bechet tribute with Bubba Brooks

So I am browsing thru youtube and come upon this

What's this? Bubba Brooks in a trad jazz group? And sounding very fine ... google found me this on cornetist Ed Polcer's web page but damn if I can find any other mention of this thing.  So I figured I'd post here ...

Bob Wilber - Bubba Brooks 1999 Tribute to Bechet.JPG

9 hours ago, lipi said:

I assume you've found this already, but just in case:

http://www.sidneybechet.org/past-concerts/musicians-list/

Edit to add: the video you linked is an excerpt from this documentary on the recording of the society's first (and only) CD in 1999. Excerpt starts at 7:00.

Yes found the society website and sent an email inquiring about the CD. No response yet. Thanks for finding the documentary I hope there's more complete performances by Bubba.

9 hours ago, JSngry said:

That Bubba Brooks guy can play.

Damn straight and no R&B licks in sight.  I really really want to hear this whole session ....

Excitement: got an email from someone at the organization. They only made 100 copies he says but he'll look and see if any are still around.  If I want a copy I might have to haunt estate sales of members in the NYC environs which would be really inconvenient with me living in Florida. :g

Told him if there are no copies left but he knows anyone with a copy ... 

Really exciting:  The guy at the organization says he digitized the CD and should be able to provide a copy if he can't find a new one. And they recorded their shows and he thinks that Bubba played twice for them and he should be able to find those too.

I think he just got a donation to his fine organization. :)

Awesome!

I have a copy of the commercial CD with some of the 1999 material, also worth picking up if you're into this stuff (but Bubba is not on there). You caused me to listen to it again yesterday. Now I'm tempted to go looking for that other CD, too!

https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-sidney-bechet-society-jam-session-concert-mw0000016359/credits

30 minutes ago, lipi said:

Awesome!

I have a copy of the commercial CD with some of the 1999 material, also worth picking up if you're into this stuff (but Bubba is not on there). You caused me to listen to it again yesterday. Now I'm tempted to go looking for that other CD, too!

https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-sidney-bechet-society-jam-session-concert-mw0000016359/credits

It's gonna be real hard to find a copy of the recording depicted in the documentary.  I think they did 100 copies and via CDR/label software not professional burning house. I wish this guy wasn't taking at trip right now, I want to find out just what he's got not sit around waiting to hear from him.