What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

No intention to lecture but seelng Otis Redding mentioned in a "Rock" thread somehow hurts 😎 ....

True, you're right, it hurts! :)

I should have titled the thread 'Non-jazz, non-classical, non-vinyl, non-others...'. I will amend it accordingly... :lol: 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

True, you're right, it hurts! :)

I should have titled the thread 'Non-jazz, non-classical, non-vinyl, non-others...'. I will amend it accordingly... :lol: 

If this is so, shouldn't you use a different common denominator than "rock" in the title in the first place? Non-jazz, non-classical leaves a LOT of musical styles that are not "rock" even by the most liberal definition of "rock".

(Or get people to stick to "rock"..)

(or delete "rock" from the title altogehter?)

P.S. @soulpope: Basically I understand and agree with your feelings but check that book of your younger music listening days "Rock Lexikon" by Schmidt-Joos and Graves (published by rororo) that you no doubt perused back then too. Otis Redding not only has an entry there but also has an LP in this book's list of some 50 "essential Rock LPs"). ;) It's a wide field if you take in the side branches of the tree of "rock".

Edited by Big Beat Steve

2 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

If this is so, shouldn't you use a different common denominator than "rock" in the title in the first place? Non-jazz, non-classical leaves a LOT of musical styles that are not "rock" even by the widest stretch of the imagination. (Care to discuss Carlos Gardel? ^_^)

I am not that much into tango but... 

2 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

(Or get people to stick to "rock"..)

(or delete "rock" from the title altogehter?)

I am the first one not sticking to 'rock'... :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

I am not that much into tango but... 

The reason I was mentioning this was SPAIN - boy, was I baffled when I saw the tons of his reissue LPs flooding the racks in the record shops when I visited Spain (not Argentina, mind you ...) in 1980 and 1983, by which time he had been gone for close to 50 years. No doubt you will remember this too ... ;)