What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I might be too hard on Melanie , especially as she was summoned into action before she was supposed to go on.  

Eke BBB, I'm taking the concert in order. 

Revelations so far to me are Bert Sommer and Ravi Shankar.  I've heard some of Shankar's stuff before but the one cut on the disc was beyond amazing.  A real shame that Bert Sommer died so young.  

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

The Airplane from XPN’s “Woodstock as it Happened”

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music, believe me, yeah… It’s the new dawn.”

What a way to bring in the day. Yeah Grace!

Grace Slick rules!

On 8/14/2019 at 10:48 AM, felser said:

Remember that she was a 22-year old unknown asked to perform in front of 400,000 people with no advance notice.  The vibrato has always been hard to take, and I have always found "Brand New Key" mega-annoying, but she has actually written some excellent songs, and "Lay Down" is still a moving memoir of her Woodstock impressions.  I'm off work Thurs-Fri, but plan to listen to the 10-CD set next Mon-Wed.

I didn't care for Brand New Key back in the day but......a few weeks ago at an acoustic jam session a young woman sang it and I caught myself digging her version.  She looked to be barely voting age and she had that little girl voice that fit the song perfectly.  It was the first time I had ever played the song but I admit it was kind of fun.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:23 PM, BFrank said:

71OO6F43xRL._SL1200_.jpg

I've been playing the hell out of this one since it came out.  My favorite new release this year so far.

1 hour ago, six string said:

I didn't care for Brand New Key back in the day but......a few weeks ago at an acoustic jam session a young woman sang it and I caught myself digging her version.  She looked to be barely voting age and she had that little girl voice that fit the song perfectly.  It was the first time I had ever played the song but I admit it was kind of fun.

I've been playing the hell out of this one since it came out.  My favorite new release this year so far.

Julie Miller is a FABULOUS songwriter.  Here is what I consider to be her masterpiece.  Buddy Miller brings music alive.  They both added much to Emmylou Harris's great awakening, especially Buddy.

Edited by felser