What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

TheByrdsInTheBeginning.jpg

Great great stuff.  If you love it like I do, superseded by this one with 48 cuts:

Preflyte

61FPUnTsV8L._SY450_.jpg

On 10/4/2019 at 4:27 AM, EKE BBB said:

R-1425754-1460449937-1586.jpeg.jpg R-1425754-1460449939-8763.jpeg.jpg

Have always loved "Another Country".   Quite an interesting album.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I just finished listening to Nazareth's '70s albums for the first time. Interesting experience. Their best work sounded like Guns n Roses without the good songs.

Bought this in my early teens as new release, so obviously the rating differs .....

15 hours ago, felser said:

Great great stuff.  If you love it like I do, superseded by this one with 48 cuts:

Preflyte

61FPUnTsV8L._SY450_.jpg

I have a 2001 Sundazed 2-CD compilation of the same name, but it apparently lacks the eight bonus cuts.

Continuing to spend a long, happy spell in the music of the 1960s/early 1970s with this set, which I managed to snag off Discogs for $19 in like-new condition.  Listened to disc 2 yesterday, moving on to disc 3 today... skipping the pre-CCR material on disc 1 for now, but I'll definitely check it out after I've made my way through the rest of the collection:

Creedence_Clearwater_Revival_Box_Set.jpg

7 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

I have a 2001 Sundazed 2-CD compilation of the same name, but it apparently lacks the eight bonus cuts.

Continuing to spend a long, happy spell in the music of the 1960s/early 1970s with this set, which I managed to snag off Discogs for $19 in like-new condition.  Listened to disc 2 yesterday, moving on to disc 3 today... skipping the pre-CCR material on disc 1 for now, but I'll definitely check it out after I've made my way through the rest of the collection:

Creedence_Clearwater_Revival_Box_Set.jpg

Great stuff that has aged beautifully - I like them now even more than I did back in the day.  Amazing price you got.

28 minutes ago, felser said:

Great stuff that has aged beautifully - I like them now even more than I did back in the day.  Amazing price you got.

Agree with you completely!  Listening to disc 3 right now, first half of which is Green River.  I'd been keeping an eye out for that set for a long time... didn't it get reformatted and released again a few years ago?  

13 hours ago, felser said:

How is it?

12 hours ago, Brad said:

Great, although the sound may be a lithe better on the 10cd set (but I haven’t done a comparison). 

I finished listening just now and went back and listened to Green River on the 10cd set. The sound on the CCR disc seems sharper than the sound on the 10cd set. Aside from the sound, what the 10cd set lacks that the single disc has are incredible extended performances of Keep on Choogling and Susie Q. They’re worth the price of the disc. You can tell (and feel) the effect that Keep on Choogling had on the crowd. It was electric.