What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, BFrank said:

I watched CCR from the most recent re-release of the Woodstock video and thought their long jam on "Chooglin'" (I think that was the song) was excruciating. Especially since it was 90% Fogerty hogging the stage.

Different tastes I suppose but Keep on Choogling and Susie Q are the highlights of their set. The band takes it up a notch on these last two. The crowd reaction is off the charts. 

Edited by Brad

61ib1zCqZgL._SY355_.jpg

Discs 1 & 2 of 4.  Red Bird was a record label started by Leiber & Stoller.  Probably not recalled very often nowadays, but the label did have some hits, including two huge ones in 1964 -- "Chapel of Love" by The Dixie Cups and "Leader of the Pack" by The Shagri-Las.  It has been well over a decades since I last dipped into this set and it's always nice to rediscover the lost treasures in a collection like this.  For me, the standout here was Miss Cathy Saint --

Damn, how was that not a hit?  Apparently the record was released the week of Nov. 22, 1963 and with a title like that, well . . .  But Cathy Saint, man, she deserved to be at least a one-hit wonder and probably a whole lot more. 

1 hour ago, jlhoots said:

New book coming out on Taschen on Patti Smith by Lynn Goldsmith. Looks great but pricey.

She did a sit-down interview at City Arts & Lectures here in SF on Monday. I probably should have gone, but I've seen her speak on her last couple of book tours.