What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

flac/mp3 completely changed the way I listen to music. It freed me from the tyranny of the album.

Me too.  For my car, I just make compilations of my favorite cuts by an artist, and play that.  I have one by the Byrds I made which I've probably listened to 100 times, others by Spirit, Springsteen, early Steve Miller, etc.  I listen to a lot of jazz at home and work, but find rock is what I want to hear in the car, and shorter songs.  Just got a car with Sirius/XM after not having it for 6-7 years, so have been listening to that.  And they do not serve jazz well at all.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Sony player but I find that I prefer to take the actual cd into the car, which I listen to all the way through. When I had an iPod (before it died), I used to listen to random cuts but I just didn’t and don’t find listening to a player satisfying. I prefer having the actual album with me; tactile and all that. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I have a Sony player but I find that I prefer to take the actual cd into the car, which I listen to all the way through. When I had an iPod (before it died), I used to listen to random cuts but I just didn’t and don’t find listening to a player satisfying. I prefer having the actual album with me; tactile and all that. 

I agree on the tactile thing, but the CD-R provides a semblance of that for me.

4 hours ago, erwbol said:

mqN2jgJ.jpg

❤️

Right now, disc 2 of the this fantastic Nuggets box set that documents the mid-to-late 1960s Los Angeles area garage rock scene. Also a reminder of why I love physical media so much more than streaming—great historical notes about all of the bands and lots of cool photographs as well.

R-2067890-1262119311.jpeg.jpg

Edited by ghost of miles

3 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Wow, that's a baggy throwback!

Still in love with these two albums and Big Star's Third:

R-1780721-1242877050.jpeg.jpg

"Baggy" - Ha Ha! The remaster is surprisingly good, too.

Funny you should mention Big Star. Today I was listening to this live album of the reconstituted Big Star (1993) with the guys from the Posies.

R-2461040-1465720505-5746.jpeg.jpg

Edited by BFrank

9 hours ago, felser said:

"September Gurls" is one of the all-time great songs.  Love the original by Big Star, and equally love the covers by the Searchers and the Bangles.

I was supposed to see Alex in 2010 at the ill-fated SXSW Big Star tribute show. Sadly, he died the day before and it became an Alex Chilton memorial show.