What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

19 minutes ago, ejp626 said:

Leonard Cohen - Thanks for the Dance

leonard-cohen-thanks-for-the-dance.jpg

I only heard about this posthumous release today, so I am absorbing it in real time.  First impressions are that it is (not surprisingly) pretty similar to You Want It Darker.  I'd say that Adam Cohen (Leonard's son) has done a good job pulling these unfinished tracks together.  I'm a moderate (not huge) Cohen fan, and I can envision spinning this on a semi-regular basis.

Couple of reviews - https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/music/review-leonard-cohens-spirit-moves-us-on-thanks-for-the-dance

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/nov/22/leonard-cohen-thanks-for-the-dance-review-columbia

29 minutes - is that correct??

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

29 minutes - is that correct??

Yes, it is 9 tracks, 29 minutes.

I'm sure this will be on the insert of the physical CD, but if you listen to this on iTunes, you can read Adam's notes on every single track.  Definitely worth a read.

Edited by ejp626

On 11/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, soulpope said:

What would be your Ace Deep Soul Compilation choices where they got it right both from the collector`s and the music`s perspective ..... ?

I would award some of these .... :

Various Artists 

59d2fedc40.jpg

Anmerkung-2019-11-18-193832.jpg

Individual Artists :

4dbb5d2dd0.jpg

Anmerkung-2019-11-18-193017.jpg

Sorry for taking so long to reply SP. I've been away from home (still am) and will see what I have for the Kent/Ace reissues when I get back. I just did a quick search on the nets to refresh my memory but it looks like there's quite a few releases out of print? But 100% YES to your choices - great call on "When a Man Cries" and Heart of Sothern Soul 2". Thanks for the reminder and thank you for posting the other 2 (Eddie & Ernie and Barbara & The Browns). I did not know about these!! Will order when I get back home.

As far as listening I only have my ancient ipod but that's ok, I have a gazillion and one songs on it including this fine Richard & Linda Thompson album (prompted by felser's post above).

Richard-Thompson-Pour-Down-Like-Silver.j 

Edited by Marzz

12 hours ago, felser said:

Blew my mind when I first heard this one and 'Bless The Weather' in college.

It was 'OneWorld' for me, whilst still at school. Instrumental, along with The Clash and some others, in saving me from Heavy Metal :excited:

Playing this for the first time and enjoying it very much indeed

R-183765-1400919548-3711.jpeg.jpg