What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BFrank said:

Arriving today, but currently streaming on Amazon.

Goodbye Tour - Live 1968 [4 CD]

Does it tell us (musically) anything we didn't already know?  I have the "Those Were The Days" box set, with all the studio sides and 145 minutes of live stuff from "Wheels of Fire", the original "Goodbye", "Live Cream", and "Live Cream 2".  Wouldn't mind having this, but $50 is a lot for redundancy if that's really all it offers.   I love 60's rock and like Cream, but never bought into "Clapton is God", or that he was even Mike Bloomfield for that matter, let alone Jimi.  

1 hour ago, felser said:

Does it tell us (musically) anything we didn't already know?  I have the "Those Were The Days" box set, with all the studio sides and 145 minutes of live stuff from "Wheels of Fire", the original "Goodbye", "Live Cream", and "Live Cream 2".  Wouldn't mind having this, but $50 is a lot for redundancy if that's really all it offers.   I love 60's rock and like Cream, but never bought into "Clapton is God", or that he was even Mike Bloomfield for that matter, let alone Jimi.  

From elsewhere, another listener's post: "19 previously unreleased. This new expanded edition comprises three complete US concerts: Oakland Coliseum, Los Angeles Forum and San Diego Sports Arena, alongside London’s Royal Albert Hall."

Sound is reportedly quite good, with the RAH being the one show that is not recorded well.I have the Japanese edition on the way. I no longer have any Cream other than the Disraeli Gears deluxe, so I wanted to add this. Clapton wasn't God, but I loved him a lot more than I've ever loved Bloomfield and NOONE is Jimi. I'm looking forward to listening to the set next week (mine arrives Monday).

Edited by jazzbo