What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

21 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

From elsewhere, another listener's post: "19 previously unreleased. This new expanded edition comprises three complete US concerts: Oakland Coliseum, Los Angeles Forum and San Diego Sports Arena, alongside London’s Royal Albert Hall."

Sound is reportedly quite good, with the RAH being the one show that is not recorded well.I have the Japanese edition on the way. I no longer have any Cream other than the Disraeli Gears deluxe, so I wanted to add this. Clapton wasn't God, but I loved him a lot more than I've ever loved Bloomfield and NOONE is Jimi. I'm looking forward to listening to the set next week (mine arrives Monday).

Thanks, let me know your impressions, if the performances vary much from what is already available, and from each other on that set.  

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've only listened to a couple of tracks. I doubt there will be anything outrageously new, especially since all the set lists are basically the same (except for a couple of tracks in Oakland). But since this was a largely improvisational band I look forward to hearing how the tunes vary from date to date.

Image result for dylan more blood more tracks deluxe

11 hours ago, BFrank said:

I've only listened to a couple of tracks. I doubt there will be anything outrageously new, especially since all the set lists are basically the same (except for a couple of tracks in Oakland). But since this was a largely improvisational band I look forward to hearing how the tunes vary from date to date.

Of course, they hated each other and were breaking up by then, so I wonder how much their hearts were in it.  The reunion concert 35 years later is amazingly strong.

Image result for cream reunion concert

On 3/5/2020 at 2:02 PM, felser said:

Thanks, let me know your impressions, if the performances vary much from what is already available, and from each other on that set.  

Listened to most of the first 2 disks. I like it a lot! The sound is great, and the performances are different enough to make them interesting.

The only clunker so far is "Passing the Time" which has a Toad drum solo in the middle. The song doesn't hold up well live, and the long solo makes no sense there.

7 hours ago, Dave James said:

As well-respected as he is, I still think Peter Green is underrated.

I agree.  The Fleetwood Mac Boston Tea Party live recordings are phenomenal.  Danny Kirwan is also criminally underrated, and together they made some amazing music.

8 hours ago, Dave James said:

As well-respected as he is, I still think Peter Green is underrated.

1 hour ago, felser said:

I agree.  The Fleetwood Mac Boston Tea Party live recordings are phenomenal.  Danny Kirwan is also criminally underrated, and together they made some amazing music.

I'm with you, gents.  "Jumping at Shadows" from the Boston Tea Party is one of my all-time favorite rock cuts.

With respect to Peter Green, if you have a few extra minutes, you may find this 1996 BBC documentary of his "comeback" to be of interest.  If you've followed Green's career, you're aware of his debilitating experiences with LSD had left him all but non-functional.  This piece details his long, continuing, winding road to recovery.  

Edited by Dave James