What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 07/06/2020 at 1:31 AM, BFrank said:

This live Joe album at the Roundabout Theatre, NY was also really good, and sounds GREAT because it was recorded direct to digital two-track.

R-651268-1515927421-6898.jpeg.jpg

That's a great album. I think my brother went to see him around this time, that's why I have a Big world-T shirt, which I still have.

22 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

R-375854-1449530370-7918.jpeg.jpg

That's one I play very often. This and Sticky Fingers are their two favourite albums for me. And it's also when they got more americanised. But now I'm with this:

220px-Violent_Femmes.jpg

A great album and one I liked very much when I was in my twenties.

Edited by Bluesnik

1 hour ago, Bluesnik said:

That's one I play very often. This and Sticky Fingers are their two favourite albums for me. And it's also when they got more americanised. But now I'm with this:

220px-Violent_Femmes.jpg

A great album and one I liked very much when I was in my twenties.

That was *the* weekend party album my freshman year at college. (And still pretty new-ish at that point.) Re Exile On Main Street, yeah, it’s currently occupying that “like-it-so-much-nothing-else-holds-a-candle-to-it” spot that certain albums occupy from time to time in my head. Just finished reading Bill Janovitz’s excellent book about it in the 33 1/3 series. (This on the heels of reading Stanley Booth’s True Adventures of the Rolling Stones... last summer I was on a Replacements binge, for 2020 apparently the Stones.)