What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Reading Rob Young’s remarkable book Electric Eden, a comprehensive overview of the late 1960s/early 70s UK psych-folk scene and its roots, has sent me back to this album:

51roK6dnDDL._SY355_.jpg

This is well worth a watch if it's available to you in US

https://www.thesocial.com/from-here-to-before-and-back-again-kieran-evans/

Just now, soulpope said:

Entertaining for sure .... 

Yessss, with some really outstanding versions, such as Beatles' 'And Your Bird Can Sing' and Stone Poneys' 'Different Drum'.

Susanna Hoffs has not been very prolific outside of the Bangles, and her discs are not masterworks by any means, but her voice always stands out above any average song and lucklustre productions ('When You're A Boy', 1991).

For an apetizer, check 'One Day' from 'Someday' LP (2012) or 'All I've Got To Do' from 'From Me To You' EP.

2 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Yessss, with some really outstanding versions, such as Beatles' 'And Your Bird Can Sing' and Stone Poneys' 'Different Drum'.

Susanna Hoffs has not been very prolific outside of the Bangles, and her discs are not masterworks by any means, but her voice always stands out above any average song and lucklustre productions ('When You're A Boy', 1991).

For an apetizer, check 'One Day' from 'Someday' LP (2012) or 'All I've Got To Do' from 'From Me To You' EP.

👍👍!!

7 hours ago, BFrank said:

Thanks - I'll check it out.

I see that there are 3 Volumes. Looks like they're loosely chronological: Vol 1 - the 60s, Vol 2 - the 70s, Vol 3 the 80's.

You may prefer trying out this recently released version .... :

https://theseconddisc.com/2020/06/16/go-all-the-way-demon-reissues-matthew-sweet-and-susanna-hoffs-under-the-covers-compiles-new-best-of/