What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Bluesnik said:

Oh, does he have one? I didn't know that. How's it called?

21 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Yes, that's it!  

e65b8c8477cf138a7309e62b24c40ba6--carlos

I think it's an excellent book and very well-written (co-authored by Ashley Kahn & Hal Miller).  It's a thick book (500 pages or so), but I plowed through it over a weekend.

Interesting to hear about Santana's tough upbringing in Mexico, his move to San Francisco as a teenager, the whole SF music scene in the 60s, and the always-evolving history of the various Santana bands.

Plus Carlos is open-hearted and honest about his spiritual journey. 

I found the book very inspiring.  

A new Hendrix set is coming out in late November:

Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live in Maui.  Two CDs of music plus a dvd of a documentary called Music, Money, Madness.  “The film chronicles the Jimi Hendrix Experience’s storied visit to Maui, their performance on the dormant lower crater of Haleakala volcano on the island and how the band became ensnared with the ill-fated Rainbow Bridge movie produced by their controversial manager Michael Jeffery.”

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Maui-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience/dp/B08HGP1BN9/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1599743352&sr=8-2

Also available in vinyl. 

A00E1AF8-74E5-4CDE-A2C7-F269233590C2.jpeg

15 hours ago, Brad said:

A new Hendrix set is coming out in late November:

Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live in Maui.  Two CDs of music plus a dvd of a documentary called Music, Money, Madness.  “The film chronicles the Jimi Hendrix Experience’s storied visit to Maui, their performance on the dormant lower crater of Haleakala volcano on the island and how the band became ensnared with the ill-fated Rainbow Bridge movie produced by their controversial manager Michael Jeffery.”

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Maui-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience/dp/B08HGP1BN9/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1599743352&sr=8-2

Also available in vinyl. 

A00E1AF8-74E5-4CDE-A2C7-F269233590C2.jpeg

Got that email yesterday. Had no idea it was being released. I have an ancient bootleg on yellow vinyl of mediocre quality (as most were in the early 70s) that I haven't listened to in decades. A lot of jamming, IIRC. The only footage I've seen was tacked on to the end of the Rainbow Bridge film.

At $30 this was a no-brainer to pre-order. Looking forward to it!