What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-423892-1519850532-9018.jpeg.jpg

I'm very surprised there has not been a Burt Bacharach jukebox musical put together for Broadway by now.  If the songs of Abba, Queen, Billy Joel, Carole King and The Go-Go's deserve such treatment, surely Mr. Bacharach's work does as well.  Many of his songs, even those not specifically written for Broadway, have the feel of show tunes -- really good show tunes -- with some roots in pop and R&B music.    This song alone would make for a great, dramatic (boy loses girl) Act One concluding number:

I'm sure that dress would have been deemed "unsafe for TV" in the USA at that time!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Sounds fascinating. Do you have a recommended place for buying Bear Family records?

I'd be patient and buy it used from ebay or discogs.  Bear Family stuff is prohibitively expensive to buy new.   Thiset would go for well over $200 new.

I hadn't heard this song in literally decades when it suddenly started randomly popping up in my mind the past couple of days.  I had to scratch that itch and go give it a listen.  It has some cool bass work.  I wonder who played that.

and what the heck, let's go for the full length version too

My apologies if this ancient earworm proves to be infectious.:w