What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

There's a lot worse ways to spend the day just a shame it had to mark a sad occasion.  That second one we played to death when I was at university in the 80s

Agreed. and Natty Rebel is a great album. I overlooked Serious Matter back in '99 but it's got some fantastic songs on it. He was a true original and from what I've read a very kind soul. 

The flashback feelgood album of the day --

field4_550x550.jpg

This album's two sides are titled "Smoke" and "Fire".  The "Fire" side got a lot of play in my house way back in the day when I had this album as a $1.99 Woolworth's cutout.LP and even since I've had the Cd version, it's still those 3 cuts which get replayed most often. -- the surprisingly successful disco version of "Get Ready", the big hit, "Cruisin'", the Smokeyest of all Smokey Robinson songs, and this love groove classic, "Share It".  Man, I forgot how good this song feels!

14 hours ago, duaneiac said:

The flashback feelgood album of the day --

field4_550x550.jpg

This album's two sides are titled "Smoke" and "Fire".  The "Fire" side got a lot of play in my house way back in the day when I had this album as a $1.99 Woolworth's cutout.LP and even since I've had the Cd version, it's still those 3 cuts which get replayed most often. -- the surprisingly successful disco version of "Get Ready", the big hit, "Cruisin'", the Smokeyest of all Smokey Robinson songs, and this love groove classic, "Share It".  Man, I forgot how good this song feels!

Great stuff!:tup

27 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

R-9899240-1488181928-1607.jpeg.jpg

Genius, pure and simple.  Sometimes I listen to this and think it's better even than 'Astral Weeks'

preceded by my favourite mid-period album

R-2181807-1397137397-3205.jpeg.jpg

and now I'm going to listen to that Eddie Hinton, thanks @soulpope

I dig VF too. Common One less so...

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

R-9899240-1488181928-1607.jpeg.jpg

Genius, pure and simple.  Sometimes I listen to this and think it's better even than 'Astral Weeks'

preceded by my favourite mid-period album

R-2181807-1397137397-3205.jpeg.jpg

and now I'm going to listen to that Eddie Hinton, thanks @soulpope

I believe these Van Morrison platters were a good opener for Eddie Hinton ;-) .... enjoy ....