What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Brad said:

799FCCE9-7449-4BAB-9DC1-AD6CA87BE7CD.jpeg

Nice!

a3497773843_10.jpg

https://fromthestacks.bandcamp.com/album/garganos-garage-lavender-magenta-indigo-blue-fin-labels

<< As we began to transfer the reels and sift through the paper, the picture got fuzzier. Vic Gargano had multiple labels: Inferno, Indigo, Magenta, Lavender, Invicta, Condor, and Blue Fin, and an equal amount of silent partners. By nearly every account of the artists we spoke with, there was most certainly a criminal element in the background, but few were willing to go on record. “We were in the middle of a session and these guys showed up,” said an off-the-record source. “Vic went outside with them and came back ten minutes later with blood all over his face. He walked into the recording booth and said, ‘Back to work’ like nothing had happened at all.” >>

20 hours ago, BFrank said:

I'm sure that's interesting. In the 70s, RE-Search was a very hip, edgy SF magazine.

It is an interesting disc.  I think the title kind of overreaches.  A lot of the music here is unusual, but I would not necessarily term it "incredibly strange".  Artists represented here include Les Baxter, Jean Jacques Perrey, Ken Nordine and Eden Ahbez.

They also published two companion books.  These have interviews with recording artists like Yma Sumac, Les Baxter, Ken Nordine, Robert Moog and Eartha Kitt.

51QJXSZ2Y1L._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51GOhlpriGL._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg