What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

On 04/08/2021 at 7:03 PM, Bluesnik said:

Oh, I remember Prefab Sprout warmly from the 80s. But for me their favorites are their two first albums, Steve McQueen and From Langley Park to Memphis. I see they had a previous album called Swoon from 1984, but that must be a minority thing. And Steve McQueen very above the other.

Swoon was an absolute masterpiece, still remember buying it with much excitement.  Set the stall out early for the genius that is Paddy McAloon

On 04/08/2021 at 2:43 PM, soulpope said:

R-6382049-1418118735-2286.jpeg.jpg

You're Bloody well right with that one :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, soulpope said:

Screenshot-2021-08-05-164015.jpg

Complete classic from the cover to the last note

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Bluesnik said:

What opened my eyes re: Prefab Sprout was the C86 cassette, given away with a NME. And then I heard Steve McQueen. Never new of Swoon.

C86, those were the days. Loved that scene.

'Swoon' is well worth hearing if you can. Mind you it's a long time since I've played it

Just now, Dub Modal said:

What is a prefab sprout anyway? In US vernacular it really has no meaning...

Nor in the UK. 'prefab' is our shortening of prefabricated (maybe yours too?), most commonly used for cheap WW2 era housing to replace bomb damaged housing.

So a nonsense phrase as far as I know

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

R-1202244-1492625232-9239.jpeg.jpg

Before Hodges I spun this; Techniques In Dub. Forgot how great this was. Excellent start to finish. 

I really need to find some time to listen to more Reggae.  I see your posts and think "Oh Yes, that looks well worth investigating".  Too much Jazz, need to break out again

15 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I really need to find some time to listen to more Reggae.  I see your posts and think "Oh Yes, that looks well worth investigating".  Too much Jazz, need to break out again

For some of these I'm finally getting around to ripping them into an online library so taking the opportunity to listen. Some I haven't listened to in a few years so it's definitely nice to revisit.