What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/10/2021 at 8:06 AM, felser said:

They were awesome for a four year spell a half century ago.  This Was/Stand Up/Benefit/Aqualung/Thick as a Brick/Living in the Past was a great run of album releases.  Seriously diminishing returns throughout the rest of the 70's, and then it all fell apart at the end of that decade - yet they (he?) keep on keeping on anyways, because what can a poor boy do except to sing in a rock 'n' roll band?

Deluxe 50th anniversary reissue of Jethro Tull's 1970 album 'Benefit' due  out in November – Z99

Agreed. And I saw every one of their tours through Passion Play. I more recently picked up all of the Steven Wilson reissue long boxes, and am expecting delivery on this one soon. Not sure how much different it is from the earlier more traditional multi-disk set that he did, but if tradition holds the booklet will be amazing ;)

Listening to Susanna Hoffs' new album for the first time. Exclusively composed of covers (of, among others, Badfinger, Nick Drake, the Monkees, Paul Revere, Velvet Underground, Prince and Syd Barrett). Yet another album of covers from Susanna Hoffs? Well, yes, it doesn't matter, it's Susanna! :) 

[IMG]

21 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Listening to Susanna Hoffs' new album for the first time. Exclusively composed of covers (of, among others, Badfinger, Nick Drake, the Monkees, Paul Revere, Velvet Underground, Prince and Syd Barrett). Yet another album of covers from Susanna Hoffs? Well, yes, it doesn't matter, it's Susanna! :) 

[IMG]

Thnx for the hint ....

8 hours ago, soulpope said:

Thnx for the hint ....

Does the world need yet another album of covers? Well, I’m not sure, but Susanna Hoffs has really good taste selecting and interpreting covers, her voice is still engaging and the arrangements are mostly good, even with those (probably too many) string passages.

Have been a big fan for over 50 years.  Not as strong as their Epic classics (missing the magic of the California-Ferguson interaction), but still plenty of treasures ("Spirit of 76" is a marvelous double album, utterly unique).  And 10 hours of music for under $45.

Spirit-Sunrise And Salvation (UK IMPORT) CD NEW

3 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

R-2677383-1588334703-6561.jpeg.jpg

I was a big fan of the Bangles and was a bit disappointed when this first Susanna Hoffs disc was out. It has not aged too well, from my point of view. I very much prefer her (regretfully very scarce) releases from the last two decades.

I wouldn't know but she has definitely aged very well.