What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill. Such a raucous collection of tracks. Mixed way too fucking hot and in your face. Distorts like hell like something a grunge-rock band would do. But what a statement she made with this. I imagine every woman over 40 (this came out in 1995) that ever had a nasty break up with a guy loves "You Oughta Know" and probably screamed along with her at some point.

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill (U.S. Version) - Amazon.com Music

Of course it also had her one of biggest hits...

Edited by bresna

Blind Faith - Blind Faith (MFSL Gold CD). I wish this band stuck together long enough for me to see/hear them live. I did see Steve Winwood in the 80's but he was doing his own thing by then. Seeing this jam band would have been fun. I'd put the cover here but I'd hate for the sex police here to take offense.

ZWc.jpeg

9 minutes ago, bresna said:

I'd put the cover here but I'd hate for the sex police here to take offense.

What year did you buy this record? I bought it in 1970 and this is the cover it had. It's still the cover to the record I think of, when I think of it at all, which is really....never. Why would you?

ZWc.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

Jimi Hendrix – The Cry Of Love (CD) - Discogs

I love this one :tup

When I first got this, I played it quite a bit. The opener, "Freedom", was definitely my favorite track. Of the numerous posthumously released LPs (and I gave up keeping track of them decades ago), I preferred "Rainbow Bridge" as I really liked the 2 tunes "Dolly Dagger" and "Hear My Train A Comin'".

These days, I usually play his first 3 LPs, "Are You Experienced", "Axis Bold As Love" and "Electric Ladyland", which is my favorite Hendrix release. I don't remember the last time I heard any of those posthumously released LPs. In fact, I picked up the SACD of "Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969" a few years back... I don't think I've played it yet. :)

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

What year did you buy this record? I bought it in 1970 and this is the cover it had. It's still the cover to the record I think of, when I think of it at all, which is really....never. Why would you?

ZWc.jpeg

Since you're asking, for many others, this is the controversial cover:

fd8e3aa91b249904a3e8e953aea1d3e7.jpg

13 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Oh wow, that cover takes me back. I should listen to the music again sometime

Listening now. 37 years ago....

They had such a great run of albums in the mid-1980s. I got to see them in Indianapolis not long before Flip Your Wig came out... the whole show has been posted on YouTube. Talk about being able to step back into the past!

Edited by ghost of miles

On 19/02/2022 at 0:25 AM, ghost of miles said:

They had such a great run of albums in the mid-1980s. I got to see them in Indianapolis not long before Flip Your Wig came out... the whole show has been posted on YouTube. Talk about being able to step back into the past!

It's a big regret that I never saw them and they weren't rare visitors here. I shall timewarp with that video, thanks

10 hours ago, mjazzg said:

It's a big regret that I never saw them and they weren't rare visitors here. I shall timewarp with that video, thanks

I was 19, got in with a bogus ID, had to stand near the back, as the club was packed!  Some of the most joyous loud pop noise I've ever experienced in my life... I still have my ticket stub, actually. Saw the Replacements two months later at the same venue.  Here's the set list for the Husker Du show--as you can see, several songs that would show up that autumn on Flip Your Wig were included:

Husker Du setlist at the Patio, Indianapolis, June 21, 1985

Edited by ghost of miles

26 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

I was 19, got in with a bogus ID, had to stand near the back, as the club was packed!  Some of the most joyous loud pop noise I've ever experienced in my life... I still have my ticket stub, actually. Saw the Replacements two months later at the same venue.  Here's the set list for the Husker Du show--as you can see, several songs that would show up that autumn on Flip Your Wig were included:

Husker Du setlist at the Patio, Indianapolis, June 21, 1985

Fantastic memory. Did you have to be 21 to get in? Thankfully no age limits over here, although I was past 21 by the anyway.  I never saw the Replacements either. Saw Bob Mould and Sugar and Paul Westerberg solo. Always late to the party!

On 2/18/2022 at 5:02 AM, bresna said:

Blind Faith - Blind Faith (MFSL Gold CD). I wish this band stuck together long enough for me to see/hear them live. I did see Steve Winwood in the 80's but he was doing his own thing by then. Seeing this jam band would have been fun. I'd put the cover here but I'd hate for the sex police here to take offense.

ZWc.jpeg

I was lucky enough to see them. Bonnie & Delaney opened up, and I'm pretty sure that Eric sat in with them on a couple numbers.

When Clapton/Winwood did a tour in 2008/2009 they played some Blind Faith tunes - included on this album. Clapton was more energized than he had been in years.

ZWc.jpeg