What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

On 5/19/2022 at 10:33 AM, HutchFan said:

As predicted:

81TPHzMXRAL._SS600_.jpg

My father loved this record.  So I heard it over and over again as a kid growing up in the Seventies.  It's one of a handful of records that I hear and immediately think of my childhood. 

So much of my father's music is like "mental furniture"; it's just there, beside all the other recollections from my childhood.  And, in some ways, I suppose it's even stronger than many of them -- since music was something that I absorbed unconsciously.  In our house, it was just in the air, all the time.

It's a great gift my father gave me.

About a year ago, a long-time family friend gave me this photo.  It's me and my dad, listening to music in the living room in our first house:

Me-and-Dad.jpg

I suppose I'm maybe 10 years old (?) at the time.

Lovely remembrance and photo that remind me of my own childhood.

Speaking of childhood, listening right now to this classic from my youth:

51jJzqyBbiL._SY355_.jpg

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Speaking of childhood, listening right now to this classic from my youth:

51jJzqyBbiL._SY355_.jpg

Also a classic from my youth. I even saw them live once in 1980 together with (guess who?) Mike Oldffield :huh:. I often think of them when I see those oh so fashionable Ramones T-Shirts from today. Which hipsters wear without probably knowing anything about them.

23 hours ago, Bluesnik said:

Also a classic from my youth. I even saw them live once in 1980 together with (guess who?) Mike Oldffield :huh:. I often think of them when I see those oh so fashionable Ramones T-Shirts from today. Which hipsters wear without probably knowing anything about them.

From my youth too. I was all set to see them at Reading Festival in 1979, even had a "Gabba Gabba Hey" T-shirt printed up - they cancelled and Nils Lofgren, of all people, took their place.  Still wore the T-shirt though.  

5 hours ago, Bluesnik said:

Joe Jackson – Big World (1986, Vinyl) - Discogs

Because I seeked it out in Spotify and am listening to it right now. I have a Tee-shirt of that tour, which I am wearing right now. I inherited it from my (younger) brother who went to see him during that tour in the 80s.

IMO one of his best albums, that for some reason barely registered on anyone's radar when released