What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4c2b35f2.jpg

I don't know what the critics' consensus was regarding this album,  but I still absolutely love this.  Some strong songs and lots of gorgeous Brian Wilson arrangements.  His songs here range from the sing-along affable goofiness of "Good Kind of Love" to songs as deeply personal to Mr. Wilson as "Midnight's Another Day" (which is about as gorgeous a musical depiction of depression -- at least, as I have experienced it throughout my lifetime -- as I've ever heard):

Then there is the beauty and serenity of the closing track:

Wow!  This would surely be on my list of favorite rock albums of the 21st century!

Please, in the name of all that is good and righteous, please, please, please let there be a secret stash of new songs recorded by Bill Withers over the past 30+ years.  This version of "Let Me In Your Life" is just stunning.  Is there any one around today who writes and sings with such soulful sincerity and honesty?

53 minutes ago, soulpope said:

R-474250-1536600624-8642.jpeg.jpg

To me, their masterpiece. For "Long Train Runnin", but also for some of the relatively obscure tunes, "Clear as the Driven Snow", "Busted Down Around O'Connelly Corners/Ukiah" (they segue perfectly), and the title tune.