What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, BFrank said:

I have that. It's good!

This is also supposed to be excellent, but I don't have it (yet).

Yardbirds 68 [Import]

There’s a more recent and evidently more expansive 2-CD set of Yardbirds BBC sessions that’s come out, but I couldn’t pass up the used $6 copy of the single CD that I came across at Landlocked. And yeah, it’s an excellent compilation! I’m on another mid-1960s rock binge lately, so the Yardbirds are popping up a lot in my listening, sometimes as a clear influence on other, lesser-known bands of that era.

7 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

There’s a more recent and evidently more expansive 2-CD set of Yardbirds BBC sessions that’s come out, but I couldn’t pass up the used $6 copy of the single CD that I came across at Landlocked. And yeah, it’s an excellent compilation! I’m on another mid-1960s rock binge lately, so the Yardbirds are popping up a lot in my listening, sometimes as a clear influence on other, lesser-known bands of that era.

You might want to check this out. 

1440CCB9-2BC4-4E19-98C6-471B1824220A.jpeg

Edited by Brad

On 9/15/2019 at 4:00 PM, felser said:

Have not heard the 3 x 4, wasn't sure what to make of it at this late date, but will look to pick it up based on your recommendation.  I have all four of the boxes you mention.  the L.A. box is very worthwhile, thought not at extreme prices.  Worth waiting for one priced decently.

Just won a like-new copy of the L.A. Nuggets box on eBay this afternoon for $41.  Can't wait to hear it!  I really enjoyed the San Francisco one.

1 hour ago, ghost of miles said:

Just won a like-new copy of the L.A. Nuggets box on eBay this afternoon for $41.  Can't wait to hear it!  I really enjoyed the San Francisco one.

Well worth that.  Let me know what you think.  Very different competing scenes, both very rich.

6 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Starting a revisitation of the Jam's box set with disc 1 (which includes In The City and This Is The Modern World):

0Utw8LKNBkNF4QrSmwoQty8uTngSnM7jNFq0aNoo

Paul Weller's finest hour, though some of The Style Council is fantastic, but there's a lot of dross with that gold.