EKE BBB

What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

986 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brad said:

IMG_3616-L.jpg

How is it?

33 minutes ago, felser said:

How is it?

Great, although the sound may be a lithe better on the 10cd set (but I haven’t done a comparison). 

16 hours ago, soulpope said:

0cc082cd479573fef6a2819fb47173500d262069

Such a wonderful voice.

13 hours ago, felser said:

How is it?

12 hours ago, Brad said:

Great, although the sound may be a lithe better on the 10cd set (but I haven’t done a comparison). 

I finished listening just now and went back and listened to Green River on the 10cd set. The sound on the CCR disc seems sharper than the sound on the 10cd set. Aside from the sound, what the 10cd set lacks that the single disc has are incredible extended performances of Keep on Choogling and Susie Q. They’re worth the price of the disc. You can tell (and feel) the effect that Keep on Choogling had on the crowd. It was electric. 

15 hours ago, Brad said:

IMG_3616-L.jpg

Wow, definitely going to have to get this!  I've been on a CCR binge the past several days after picking up the 2001 box set.

I watched CCR from the most recent re-release of the Woodstock video and thought their long jam on "Chooglin'" (I think that was the song) was excruciating. Especially since it was 90% Fogerty hogging the stage.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, BFrank said:

I watched CCR from the most recent re-release of the Woodstock video and thought their long jam on "Chooglin'" (I think that was the song) was excruciating. Especially since it was 90% Fogerty hogging the stage.

Different tastes I suppose but Keep on Choogling and Susie Q are the highlights of their set. The band takes it up a notch on these last two. The crowd reaction is off the charts. 

Edited by Brad

5 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

R-2715451-1298233330.jpeg.jpg R-2715451-1298233361.jpeg.jpg

Still my go-to album by them.  

14 hours ago, felser said:

Still my go-to album by them.  

My favourite studio album as well.

Now this live gem:

CABF1E80-5995-4935-A88C-532FEC64995D.jpeg

9AAEBA1E-880D-45C0-A790-32895835D4A3.jpeg

Image result for vagrants make a friend

61ib1zCqZgL._SY355_.jpg

Discs 1 & 2 of 4.  Red Bird was a record label started by Leiber & Stoller.  Probably not recalled very often nowadays, but the label did have some hits, including two huge ones in 1964 -- "Chapel of Love" by The Dixie Cups and "Leader of the Pack" by The Shagri-Las.  It has been well over a decades since I last dipped into this set and it's always nice to rediscover the lost treasures in a collection like this.  For me, the standout here was Miss Cathy Saint --

Damn, how was that not a hit?  Apparently the record was released the week of Nov. 22, 1963 and with a title like that, well . . .  But Cathy Saint, man, she deserved to be at least a one-hit wonder and probably a whole lot more.