What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a0827930632_16.jpg

Seventeen Seconds
by Frankie Rose

The quality of the interpretations here speak for themselves, but here's Frankie talking about tackling this Cure album: "Since I already think it's a perfect record, I tried not to reinterpret too much and stick to similar sounds as the original, but with a twist. Working on it with Jorge Elbrecht was a dream, because he's the only person who’s as deep of a Cure fan as I am! And he's a damn wizard!" Together Frankie and Jorge have created something quite special, paying loving tribute to this well-loved album while still putting their own very contemporary stamp on the songs.

22 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

R-447957-1413920008-3631.jpeg.jpg R-447957-1413920013-1726.jpeg.jpg

My favorite of theirs, surprisingly for the two great slow ones, "Oh I Wept" and "Don't Say You Love Me".   Actually got sick of hearing "All Right Now" many decades ago, and of all the cuts on the album, it reminds me most of the comparatively inferior Bad Company.

8 hours ago, felser said:

My favorite of theirs, surprisingly for the two great slow ones, "Oh I Wept" and "Don't Say You Love Me".   Actually got sick of hearing "All Right Now" many decades ago, and of all the cuts on the album, it reminds me most of the comparatively inferior Bad Company.

This album ranks among my Top-10 rock discs, for sure. And I never get tired of listening to “All Right Now”, for sure one of the greatest rock anthems from all eras. But I totally agree that “Oh I Wept” and “Don’t Say...” are masterpieces!

And I do like Bad Company, specially their first three albums. Paul Rodgers rules! :-)