EKE BBB

What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

3,224 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, HutchFan said:

715tUj%2BViXL._SL600_.jpg

Disc 2

Feelgood music for sure :tup ....

Any Brian Auger fans out there?  Back in 1969 when I was still in college and not at all interested in jazz, I got hooked by his song "Ellis Island" from the album "Street Noise".  I've always found his music to be at the very listenable end of the jazz-rock spectrum.  

1 hour ago, Dave James said:

Any Brian Auger fans out there?  Back in 1969 when I was still in college and not at all interested in jazz, I got hooked by his song "Ellis Island" from the album "Street Noise".  I've always found his music to be at the very listenable end of the jazz-rock spectrum.  

Have this one which is in that jazz-rock direction.

38345540mv.jpg

38345542ux.jpg

38345541sc.jpg

6 hours ago, Dave James said:

I'm a huge Auger fan, and this is the album that started it for me 50 years ago.

My current listen.  Unknown in USA, apparently a cultish following in UK.  A discovery for me, so far so good.

Judie Tzuke - Full Moon - The Complete Collection (2018, Box Set ...

On 4/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, felser said:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland (2018, CD) | Discogs

I attribute my burgeoning interest in jazz to my love of Jimi Hendrix's music as a youngster. I was drawn to things like Rainy Day, Dream Away and I was thrilled to get Rainy Day Shuffle on this expanded edition.  

1 hour ago, Soulstation1 said:

If there's a more kick-ass rock song than this, I'm open to suggestions.  

MIGHTY BABY - At A Point Between Fate & Destiny: Complete ...

More East Bay grease from one of the few great bands that's still around and playing at a high level.  This is from their new album, "Step Up."  

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

22B13224-7D12-4868-B061-B1081A2D8167.jpeg

You could lock me in a closet for a week with this album and I'd be fine.  The Beach Boys were the first live rock concert I ever attended.  They played at McArthur Court in Eugene, Oregon.  Had to have been around 1965.

9 hours ago, Brad said:

22B13224-7D12-4868-B061-B1081A2D8167.jpeg

Classic ....

Silversun Pickups ‎"Widow's Weeds"

R-13719285-1559886367-3266.jpeg.jpg

Posted (edited)

On 4/20/2020 at 10:58 PM, Dave James said:

He toured with Roland Kirk:

"Brian Auger was a useful young bebop pianist with Tommy Whittle and others before switching to the Hammond organ in the year he made this tour with Kirk. In 1965 the Brian Auger Trinity was joined by Julie Driscoll, Rod Stewart and Long John Baldry to form the Steam Packet, a very fine live band who never had a proper recording session. The Driscoll/Auger version of “This Wheel’s on Fire”, a Bob Dylan/Rick Danko composition circulated on the original Basement Tapes publisher’s acetates, is on anyone’s list of great ’60 singles. Later Auger formed Oblivion Express and moved to California, where he still lives, aged 80".

https://thebluemoment.com/

Edited by medjuck

Bob Dylan: Travelin' Thru, Featuring Johnny Cash: The Bootleg ...

Speaking of Brian Auger & Julie Driscoll, this may be the strangest music video ever produced:

My Brother The Wind: Once There Was A Time When Time And Space Were One.

REVIEW: My Brother the Wind, Once There was a Time When Time and ...