Favorite 60's rock band....

Brandon Burke

Name your favorite 60's rock band.....  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I love late period Beatles (post Pepper) I am a fan of Traffic and Cream; therefore I also love Blind Faith --- they may be too short lived to qualify.

Can I also say Led Zep?

Anyhow, Cream have to be my top.

cheers, tonym

Beatles, yeh yeh! Other favourite groups include Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Who (how the Brits dominated the mid to late 60s pop/rock scene!) and Spirit. Can appreciate 2 or 3 Stones songs but that's it. I have to add that I hardly listen to any of these bands anymore.

Gosh I so hate the saccharine fermentedness of the Beatles or Beach Boys. For me it was other because more than three decades later the bands from this period that I still choose to put on the platter now and then are foremost the Jimi Hendrix units, then Traffic, Cream and The Band.

Those of you that said: Jimi Hendrix, Led Zep,Cream, Traffic,Jefferson Airplane, etc. have the same record collection as I do. I still listen to those albums. My all-time favorite group that began in the 60's and is still out there swingin' away is Jethro Tull.

I've got to go with the Stones ... I recently picked up the remastered version of Hot Rocks (which, I know, includes some '70s stuff) and listen to that pretty often. Now that they're all members of the AARP, it's easy to forget how electrifying they were when they first came up. And the new sound is absolutely fantastic.

Does anybody have that newish Zombies collection? I hear that's really good.

The Stones.

They weren't the best for most of the 1960s. But by the latter 1960s I think that they were. The sound that they created then was so influential that it is easy to forget how original it sounded at the time. The Stones generated power.

The Stones. I was a big fan of their early albums that borrowed from a lot of the blues and loved their later 60s stuff like Aftermath (a classic) and Between the Buttons, which to me is one of the better albums made by anyone, any genre PERIOD!

Not a big fan of their output after the 60s however.

? and the Mysterians, no contest.

Seriously...

Can't pick just one. CAN'T!

This is the era that cemented my personal relationship w/music, and the perps all share the blame equally. I love the ear candy every bit as much as much as the grit, I guess because the yin/yang balance was so perfect during that era, or so it seems through the lens of youthful omnivourousness that still has not been sated.

A few kind words, for the Hollies in the 60s - not as a "favorite band", or anything, but as a group that put out some really badass singles, finely crafted melodies, impeccable vocal arrangements, and slightly ahead-of-the curve production. "Pay You Back With Intrest" in particular continues to fascinate.

But hell, I even dig Leslie Gore & Lou Christie, so what the hell do I know? :g