Managing an aging parent's health from 1,000 miles away...

On 2/27/2022 at 0:01 AM, Rooster_Ties said:

Flying to St. Louis tonight (Sun) right after work, to spring my dad from his rehab center first thing Monday morning (since his fall 2 weeks ago).  Then I’m his 24/7 helper to get him half back into the swing of things (thru late Thu).

And then I’m back to DC just in time for 4 days of work — and then next Tuesday is another date with the cardiologist for a “nuclear stress” test for myself (see my immediate prior post, from Feb 17).

I’ve been walking 5-6 miles per day for almost 2 weeks now — haven’t missed even one single day — and have been eating better too.  And I definitely feel better (maybe some of that may be a placebo effect, but I’ll take it).

So, I think I’m doing better-ish — and so is my Dad — but the next week’s gonna sure take it out of me, I’m betting.

PS: But then on top of everything, my boss at work is making things unnecessarily difficult at times (especially the last 2 days, but off and on for months). So my stress levels have been off the charts. I’m dealing with that halfway well, actually — but it takes a toll too.

If you are able, keep up the walking routine.  the strength you attain can be passed on to your dad.  

We're all in this together    ... I think Red Green said that..  

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic