Charles Tolliver All-Stars vinyl and CD reissue

felser

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me wonder what is wrong with Mosaics marketing machine. I mean, they are a bit in financial trouble arent they? It surprises me that we have to hear about the release through this forum. I couldnt even find it with Google or on their website under New releases... we’ll i am going for the vinyl version anyway.

It's actually under their True Music banner, and on that part of their website, which makes me wonder if it's a Mosaic exclusive and perhaps they just have a leg up on other distributors at this time. Mosaic does send out email messages, but obviously does not have a heavy advertising budget. . . they've managed without one for a long time, but it may be that jazz words of mouth are not as vocal as in the past.

17 hours ago, jazzbo said:

We'll see. I ordered this and the Webster. (Have the Armstrong and the excellent Bushkin).

[Emphasis added] Damn. I paid via Paypal, so they charged my credit card immediately, rather when the disc ships.

Edited by T.D.

Listening to the Vinyl version now and I have to say: the sound is absolutely stunning. It's balanced, clear an rich, just as I am used to with Pure Pleasure Records. Quite contrary to the most here on the forum I am more into vinyl these days. Very happy with it. How's the cd, anyone? Could someone ad the cd version to Discogs?

8 minutes ago, Harbour said:

$15 postage for a cd to UK, ouch, wonder if this will end up on Amazon.

wouldn’t be suprised to see Japanese mini lp version surfacing sooner than later so might wait for that.

It hasn't so far over 30+ years,.

Anybody else in Washington DC want to go in on a order of some CD's of this from Mosaic? -- probably save $4 each on shipping.

@Spontooneous -- do you want one too? - since I'll see you back in Kansas City in December.  I'm looking to put in an order by the end of April. 

I received the following odd notice today:

"Mosaic Records Shipping Notification

TOTAL ORDER SHIPPED 
The following items have been forwarded to our warehouse for shipment.

Thank you for very much your support!

You will receive a notice with tracking # when the warehouse ships.

If you ordered via the website, this order # is not the same as your web order #.... These two numbers are different but refer to the same order."

So it's both shipped and not yet shipped. :huh:

They do that these days, take the orders, confirm that they've taken them, then send the orders to the warehouse to be packed and shipped, then confirm that they they've sent the orders to the warehouse to be packed and shipped. Then you'll get a notice when the items actually ships.

At this point, I'm kinda like, uh, tell you what - Mosaic just provides a box and a book as physical product, and then I pay about the same price to get an uber-hi-res DL from which I can make my own CDs or thumb drive or whatever the hell I want. If oprder fulfillment is going to be so damn convoluted, let's look at ways to at least begin to simplify.

1 hour ago, T.D. said:

I received the following odd notice today:

"Mosaic Records Shipping Notification

TOTAL ORDER SHIPPED 
The following items have been forwarded to our warehouse for shipment.

Thank you for very much your support!

You will receive a notice with tracking # when the warehouse ships.

If you ordered via the website, this order # is not the same as your web order #.... These two numbers are different but refer to the same order."

So it's both shipped and not yet shipped. :huh:

I received the same e-mail. Optimistic.