Play ball! 2019 MLB season thread

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the first one it was obviously very lame. Some of the other three not so egregious. 

But doesn't this clown have a lawsuit against MLB alleging discrimination due to his being Latino?  As richly deserving as he is of getting shit-canned I am afraid it will never happen.

Yankees' rotation is hanging by a thread and the bullpen was absolutely terrible on this road trip--they did their best to give away another game today.  But frankly I think the American League season is shaping up as a contest to see who gets pummeled by the Astros in the playoffs.  (Not discounting the Twins or the Rays either, who are playing as well or better than NY and Boston.)

11 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

But frankly I think the American League season is shaping up as a contest to see who gets pummeled by the Astros in the playoffs.  (Not discounting the Twins or the Rays either, who are playing as well or better than NY and Boston.)

One of these teams is not like the others. Hint: it's the one that is 14-21 against teams above .500.

Tonight is the first installment of the Subway Series. Frankly, I can do without inter league play but the SS is still fun and a good draw. Yankee Stadium will be sold out as I’m sure CitiField will be sold out when the series resumes in July. 

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

15 Ks in 6 IP tonight for 20-year-old Yankee pitching prospect Deivi Garcia, who was recently promoted to the AA Trenton club. Wouldn’t be surprised to see this kid called up come September...

Interesting .... thnx for the info ....

On 6/19/2019 at 0:42 AM, soulpope said:

Interesting .... thnx for the info ....

Yeah, probably another year or so before we see how well he'll fly at MLB level as a potential regular starter.  Yankees' rotation this season and next continues to be their biggest question mark IMO.  CC will be gone, Happ is already 36, and what will Severino be like when he returns later this summer?  Will Domingo German be able to sustain the form he showed for the first two months of this year?  Will Paxton continue to be an injury-prone pitcher?  How effective will Jordan Montgomery be when he finally comes back from TJ surgery?  There's definitely opportunity for Garcia if his stuff proves to be of MLB quality.

1 hour ago, ghost of miles said:

Yeah, probably another year or so before we see how well he'll fly at MLB level as a potential regular starter.  Yankees' rotation this season and next continues to be their biggest question mark IMO.  CC will be gone, Happ is already 36, and what will Severino be like when he returns later this summer?  Will Domingo German be able to sustain the form he showed for the first two months of this year?  Will Paxton continue to be an injury-prone pitcher?  How effective will Jordan Montgomery be when he finally comes back from TJ surgery?  There's definitely opportunity for Garcia if his stuff proves to be of MLB quality.

Yep, Yankees pitching is a permanent roll-over of new work in progress which also seems to drain energy from the whole team .... there is a high quality bullpen though ....

but...there was some team (not the Sonics?) that played NBA in OKC prior to the Sonics moving there. Was it New Orleans after Katrina? Seemingly a test of the market's viability. Might be the same here, if not for Tampa, maybe a team like the St. Louis Browns or Seattle Pilots or Washington Senators?

Then again, the Expos ended up getting no love, and that was sad.