Play ball! 2019 MLB season thread

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I seeing this schedule correctly?  First six games against the Yankees are in NY, and they don't have a true home game vs the Yankees until the very end of July? WTAF? (the two games in London are "home" for Boston but will it really feel that way, other than getting last licks? I am thinking London will have more New Yorkers, or fans, than Boston will). And there are two series only in August and September, last head-to-head leaves a full three weeks left in the season.

Who the hell put this schedule together? (not to mention 11 straight on the road to start the season, and in locations highly unlikely to give any reprieve via inclement weather.)

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

(the two games in London are "home" for Boston but will it really feel that way, other than getting last licks? I am thinking London will have more New Yorkers, or fans, than Boston will)

Well, hell, what do you expect?

boston-tea-party-ships-and-museum-2.jpg

Yankees and the Red Sox already battling like tigers... for the American League East cellar. :rolleyes:  Yankees drop opening home series of the season to a team projected to be the worst of 2019... not great, Boone!

3 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Yelich with 4 home runs in 4 games for the Brewers.

Not to mention his walkoff hit!  

Sox lock up six more years of Xander Boegarts all the way to 2025. Glad he is open to it and signed on the dotted line. Too bad Betts will never agree without testing free agency after 2020's world series, but then again it will give the Yankees a chance to come up with a truly inventive reason why they aren't interested. :g

Oh hell who am I kidding? They'll back up the Brinks Truck and just ask him to say 'when'.

34 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

Sox lock up six more years of Xander Boegarts all the way to 2025. Glad he is open to it and signed on the dotted line. Too bad Betts will never agree without testing free agency after 2020's world series, but then again it will give the Yankees a chance to come up with a truly inventive reason why they aren't interested. :g

Oh hell who am I kidding? They'll back up the Brinks Truck and just ask him to say 'when'.

Dan, we don't need Betts... we've got "a fully-stocked outfield."  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:   (Btw seems like a great deal for the Sox re Boegarts extension.)

Edited by ghost of miles

On 4/1/2019 at 9:21 PM, ghost of miles said:

Yankees and the Red Sox already battling like tigers... for the American League East cellar. :rolleyes:  Y

This might even continue all year long the way its going ... Sox are a disaster, and Yankees are looking at no Stanton for a month and Andujar gone for the year depending on how bad his labrum tear may be and what they want to do. Definitely sounds like a major injury or one with the potential to become major if he plays too soon.