Hannibal Lokumbe (Marvin Peterson)

felser

• 10 months later...
25 minutes ago, Pim said:

So any recommendations by fellow board members on his ‘70’s and ‘80’s output? I already own ‘Hannibal’, Children of the Fire. But there is also some more obscure stuff on labels like Denon and Baystate. Is it worth buying?

Yes, I paid $25-30 each for those, and have no regrets at all.  Anything from "Children of the Fire" through "Angels of Atlanta", I highly recommend.  Before and after that, not so much.

33 minutes ago, Pim said:

So any recommendations by fellow board members on his ‘70’s and ‘80’s output? I already own ‘Hannibal’, Children of the Fire. But there is also some more obscure stuff on labels like Denon and Baystate. Is it worth buying?

Pim,

I think his self-titled MPS LP, which you already have, is his strongest overall. 

Others from around that time that I enjoy are Hannibal in Berlin (MPS) and Hannibal in Antibes (Enja).

As far as sideman work, someone already mentioned Richard Davis' Epistrophy/Now's the Time (Muse).  I second that motion.  I would also suggest Eric Kloss' Essence (Muse).  

• 3 years later...