Milt Buckner & Jo Jones

mikeweil

Had the Lion and the Tiger and the Drums LPs when they came out.

Not looking to purchase the CD set of the first but will get the Drums one very soon. Great fan of Monsieur Jones here...Fascinating stuff and lots new material added on the CDS. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 0:18 PM, thirdtry said:

Just got the Buck & Jo set in the mail today from Dusty Groove.  Only $20 plus shipping and it looks like they have more copies in-stock.

Received my copy today. Sonics are excellent. If you're already familiar with Buckner and appreciate his wackiness, you're going to like this set. It's jazz that makes you feel good to be in the world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
56 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

I'm trying to find out which records the 4CD set is derived from. Are these two among them?

The 4-CD box includes:

- May 18, 1971 session, originally released as "Deux Géants Du Jazz" (Jazz Oddissey)

MILT BUCKNER - Milt Buckner – Jo Jones : Deux Géants Du Jazz cover

-March 29, 1972 session, originally issued as "Buck And Jo" (Jazz Oddissey)

Ny0zNjc0LmpwZWc.jpeg

-February 16, 1973 session, issued for the first time in the Jazz Oddissey CD version of "Buck and Joe - The Panassié Sessions" 

-February 27, 1974 session, originally issued as "Blues For Diane" (Jazz Oddissey)

Mi02MDA5LnBuZw.jpeg

I listened to a disc a day, something like that. It's intense enough to where I enjoyed letting it sink in before moving on...but also intense enough that I looked forward to coming back for more once it did. Like a good meal, or a good, uh...encounter....

But that's just me.