Mick Jagger Illness

Dave James

I saw this and thought that it would be a really good thing for Mick to be healthy when he takes the stage since to all reports he's every bit as energetic as ever when performing, and can you imagine if he croaked in front of 50,000 people for an untreated heart condition?  Many musicians have died on stage or in close proximity but if it happened to him it would have to be in front of the biggest audience ever.

If it's his aortic valve, he may not even require open heart surgery (chest cracked) - he may get a TAVI aortic valve (newish technology) where it's inserted via one of the femoral (leg) arteries - seats over the old valve which does not need to be removed.

45 minutes ago, Justin V said:

Pretty callous, Jim.  Here's wishing Mick the best.

I wish him the best as well. But geez, I've been aware of these guys since 1964. Plenty of others (exponentially better others, too, imo) have come and gone, they'll not be any different. I stopped "caring" a looooong time ago. Not that I ever cared that much to begin with. Great singles band, then those few years with the really good albums, and ever since...hey you gotta make a living, right? Some more good singles along the way, and the ability to hear Sonny Rollins on the radio regularly, but I don't "need" them in any way.

They're like Mosaic, the Rolling Stones are - half of what you still like about them is how they used to make you feel. Now, you mostly just enjoy remembering them making you feel that way, and oh baby, it's love forever. I guess....

So, modern medicine leads up to this day, and maybe another one or two, but in spite of all that, at some point, he dies anyway. Just like the rest of us.