What should Parlophone (aka Roulette) reissue next?

When Universal bought BN and other EMI masters, one of the conditions was they needed to sell some other labels to third parties; that's how the Roulette/Roost catalog came to be owned by Warner Music.  Warner is reissuing these under the Parlophone imprint.  What would we suggest they reissue next?

I suggest a remastering of "Stan Getz - The Complete Roost Recordings."  I've always disliked the sound quality of the 3-CD set issued under BN.  In the liner notes, Cuscuna stated that the Roost masters were non-existent.  Maybe so, although I wonder whether some have been subsequently found.  More to the point, today's technology would allow higher-quality transfers to be made from whatever source materials are around, with far less reliance on No-Noise.

So that's my vote; which do you suggest?

Under the Roulette label Warner Japan released the Count Basie and most of the Jack Teagarden and Johnny Smith catalogues, as well as others. These sound FANTASTIC. I think I got them all and I'd like to see them continue to release Roulette titles, such as the rest of the Tyree Glenn. They've done these right.

I haven't seen these Parlophone reissues. I'd like to see them do any of the Roost or Roulette titles, these are good recordings.

Edited by jazzbo

49 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

I would go for OAS boxes of the Mosaic boxes, such as the Basie live and the Maynard Ferguson.

Yeah, I missed the Basie Roulette sets. If this is their route rather than single-disc reissues, then definitely Basie, just get it right and get them all.

That Anne Phillips thing, though, that's a damn good record. Surprised the hell out of me how good it was.

55 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Yeah, I missed the Basie Roulette sets. If this is their route rather than single-disc reissues, then definitely Basie, just get it right and get them all.

Jim, there already is one Basie Roulette OAS.  I have it, and I would spring for more.

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Album-Count-Basie/dp/B00JH53O98/

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw, btw, that there was a reissue on LP in Italy: https://www.discogs.com/Johnny-Richards-The-Rites-Of-Diablo/release/4916803 - don`t ask me whether or not it is legit. But it could well be, as all the music they  (So Far Out) reissued is from EMI associated labels.

Edited by mikeweil

4 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Absolutely.  For me,  the cover art is a key part of the musical experience.  Changing the cover art is like lopping off the opening track.  

It is reproduced in the Mosaic Select booklet, though not LP size!

gregmo