Grasso Brothers

Quasimado

10 hours ago, Quasimado said:

Barry Harris has said that the Grasso Brothers (Luigi - alto, Pasquale - guitar) are "the best musicians in the world". This features Luigi's arrangement/ alto. Pasquale also solos. These cats are incredible musicians. There's a lot more stuff on youtube.

Glad you fixed that post. The Grasso Brothers are total mothers.I was listening to Luigi on Small's Live, and got so excited by his playing, I had fantasies of going down to Smalls and shoving $20 bills down the bell of his alto as he was playing. I wound up making the only donation to Small's I ever made. I love Pasquale's solo guitar bag. He's like a combination of Bud Powell and Art Tatum on that thing.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:16 AM, Quasimado said:

Barry Harris has said that the Grasso Brothers (Luigi - alto, Pasquale - guitar) are "the best musicians in the world". This features Luigi's arrangement/ alto. Pasquale also solos. These cats are incredible musicians. There's a lot more stuff on youtube.

The Interlude that happens at the 2:35 mark is actually an orchestration of Barry Harris' pre-intro intro on this recording of "Round Midnight." 

Edited by Mark Stryker