ghost of miles

"Four And More: 1964, The Year In Jazz"

5 posts in this topic

Nice program David. Just listened to it. Thanks. 

49 minutes ago, Brad said:

Nice program David. Just listened to it. Thanks. 

So glad you enjoyed it, Brad!  I've got another one coming up about 1968 for the last week of May.  

David, just listened to it and thought it was great. 1964 and 1965 were great years for jazz.  With the avant garde gaining steam and jazz finally making peace with rock, plus some interesting bossa nova, there was lots going on. Verve had a nice 1964 with some cool stuff by Burrell, Tjader, Getz and Gil Evans. Thanks for the show.

14 hours ago, Deadman said:

David, just listened to it and thought it was great. 1964 and 1965 were great years for jazz.  With the avant garde gaining steam and jazz finally making peace with rock, plus some interesting bossa nova, there was lots going on. Verve had a nice 1964 with some cool stuff by Burrell, Tjader, Getz and Gil Evans. Thanks for the show.

Thanks so much! Completely agree with you about 1964 and 65–and I’ll get to a 1965 show soon, actually. 1968 coming up this week, just by coincidence, and I’ll post a link when that show becomes available as well.  Much appreciation for listening to this one.