Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Stryker

Mark Stryker's "Jazz from Detroit" up for pre-order

58 posts in this topic

On 20/06/2019 at 2:31 PM, Clunky said:

I’ve pre-ordered mine from Amazon UK as I assumed that shipping from US would be prohibitively costly 

Looks like its listed now. I would love to have gone for Mark’s direct offer but the combination of shipping and taxes would likely more than negate the discount.

This was packed for my trip to Naples Thursday night to visit Mom for a couple of days - started Friday morning, finished Saturday afternoon. Amazon has posted my review.

https://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Detroit-Mark-Stryker/dp/0472074261/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1LL98DQLAKJFZ&keywords=jazz+from+detroit&qid=1566815043&s=gateway&sprefix=jazz+from+d%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-1

Congratulations Mark! 

A book I thoroughly enjoyed. Mark, you did a fine job and deserve the award.

Thanks to Peter and DJCavanagh for the kind words, to David for the media exposure, and to all the gang here at Organissimo for the ongoing support. 

Congrats, Mark! It's been my reference book since last Fall for the real info on many of the greatest jazz musicians of jazz' most creative period. "Before Motown" was good for sociological facts about what was once the center of jazz in the US; "Jazz From Detroit" went as deep as you could go with the music and musicians. NYC has always just been about the money; Detroit was about the music.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, sgcim said:

Congrats, Mark! It's been my reference book since last Fall for the real info on many of the greatest jazz musicians of jazz' most creative period. "Before Motown" was good for sociological facts about what was once the center of jazz in the US; "Jazz From Detroit" went as deep as you could go with the music and musicians. NYC has always just been about the money; Detroit was about the music.

Thanks much. Appreciate it! 

Edited by Mark Stryker