Mosaic's Black and White label box set

1 hour ago, SwingItTrev said:

I’ve said this before, but I’d really really really prefer they just take my money when I order it. Then I have control over when they take money out of my account, and what the exchange rate is, AND they get the bonus of having the money up front to keep things moving. 

44 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

That's why I use PayPal.

Same here, let them have the money straight away. In my case that also means no hassle with exchange rate fluctuations.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went ahead and reordered immediately, then sent a note to Scott telling him (in a friendly way) that I hoped I wouldn't end up getting two sets! I told him he'd be forgiven if they worked on a Lionel Hampton 40s Decca/MGM set. Got a short response that included this: "I know Michael and I have kicked around the idea of a Decca Hamp but we should re-visit it again."  Hope they do!

gregmo

42 minutes ago, JSngry said:

was he able to assure you that your order wouldn't be double-filled?

Yes, but who knows how it will all come out in the wash? We'll see. I do note that my card has been billed, which could mean the set will soon be on its way!

gregmo

28 minutes ago, gmonahan said:

Yes, but who knows how it will all come out in the wash? We'll see. I do note that my card has been billed, which could mean the set will soon be on its way!

gregmo

When I first ordered a reservation was made on my CC. That disappeared after 30 days. Now my card has a new reservation. My guess is when the set is shipped the reservation will become a charge on my CC.

On 06/06/2022 at 8:50 AM, J.A.W. said:

Same here, let them have the money straight away. In my case that also means no hassle with exchange rate fluctuations.

Wait, so if you use PayPal it deducts it straight away? I didn’t realise that. Will do that next time.

So...give them an interest-free loan with only a guaranteed "eventual" payback date?

How about they send me a new release right away and give me three months to repay it, no interest? 

Preordering is supposed to be a way to guage viability and production runs, right? So what happens on the books if they do a preorder that everybody jumps on that then runs into a snag and all of the credit card holds time out and nobody reorders right away? What does that do to their books, their anticipated cash flow? They gotta love that PayPal preorder, they get the money upfront and can then apologize all they want if something off happens. 

So, thanks, I'll pay for it when you have it, and you can send it to me when I pay for it. Guess I'm old fashioned that way. 

How soon before they start taking crypto? 

41 minutes ago, JSngry said:

So...give them an interest-free loan with only a guaranteed "eventual" payback date?

How about they send me a new release right away and give me three months to repay it, no interest? 

Preordering is supposed to be a way to guage viability and production runs, right? So what happens on the books if they do a preorder that everybody jumps on that then runs into a snag and all of the credit card holds time out and nobody reorders right away? What does that do to their books, their anticipated cash flow? They gotta love that PayPal preorder, they get the money upfront and can then apologize all they want if something off happens. 

So, thanks, I'll pay for it when you have it, and you can send it to me when I pay for it. Guess I'm old fashioned that way. 

How soon before they start taking crypto? 

I agree. Why pay 3-6 months before you get something. Who else does that??? :alien:

The IRS? 

Don't get me wrong, I like getting refunds, the bigger the better. But that's money vs money, not money vs dry goods.

But yes we have choices, and choices are good, and what's the next Louis Armstrong choice going to be, make my choice an easy one, please! 

14 hours ago, jlhoots said:

I agree. Why pay 3-6 months before you get something. Who else does that??? :alien:

That's how Rhino handles their Grateful Dead live releases: customers prepay many months in advance (in the case of their quarterly releases, up to a full year in advance).  It works if customers are willing to participate.

On 6/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, jazzbo said:

Scott confirmed for me via email that if one pre-ordered via PayPal you're all set, no further action required.

Good to know; thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scooter_phx said:

Well, it's the last two weeks of June... has anyone started getting their sets yet?

Scott Wenzel just told me the Black & White set is shipping out next week. He expects the OOS Tristano set not to be available again until August/September.