The return of the Keystone Korner.

I suppose you know that the original Keystone Corner in California was across from the police station - Keystone Cops - get it?

Wondered if the new venue was too - or if it was just an appropriation of the name in honor of Todd Barkan.

The first 2 replies seemed to get it. :alien::ph34r:

11 hours ago, jlhoots said:

I suppose you know that the original Keystone Corner in California was across from the police station - Keystone Cops - get it?

Wondered if the new venue was too - or if it was just an appropriation of the name in honor of Todd Barkan.

11 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Todd is responsible for reopening the club. Ron Carter's trio was the first act at the club in Baltimore. 

From the Blue Note Records Facebook page.

Keystone Korner was a legendary San Francisco jazz club in the 1970s run by Todd Barkan & we were very excited to hear that Todd has resurrected the club in Baltimore! The Keystone Korner Baltimore opening was last night with the legendary bassist Ron Carter doing the honors: www.keystonekornerbaltimore.com/

Pre-order Ron's new collaborative album with poet Danny Simmons "The Brown Beatnik Tomes - Live at BRIC House" which comes out June 7:https://CarterSimmons.lnk.to/BrownBeatnikTomes

Edited by Hardbopjazz