Where is Paul Secor .... ?

soulpope

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also wondering what happened to him. I hope he’s ok. I had not looked at that thread too much so I wasn’t aware it had become contentious. I hope it doesn’t lead to the loss of a long time member. 

Edited by Brad

39 minutes ago, Brad said:

I was also wondering what happened to him. I hope he’s ok. I had not looked at that thread too much so I wasn’t aware it had become contentious. I hope it doesn’t lead to the loss of a long time member. 

Was not aware of that thread either .... after reading it IMO one of these discussions going nowhere ....

37 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Was not aware of that thread either .... after reading it IMO one of these discussions going nowhere ....

Definitely. I've read that negative social media interactions can release certain types of hormones that are not good for the body, which is why it's sometimes best to avoid contentious threads or reduce your participation in them.  

Edited by Brad

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Paul got pretty riled up in the Boom Tic Boom - Glitter Wolf thread. Looks like he deleted his posts and went home, Hopefully he's not hurt or sick or anything.

A break is always good, I was concerned about any sort of health issue preventing him from posting. He's certainly among the oldest of the regular posters so that's where my mind meant when I recently realized that he had stopped chiming in behind me on birthday threads.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

That’s too bad. 

Indeed. I cannot even recall that "contentious" thread and have definitely never looked it up (the thread title must have held zero incentive for me to do so) so I have no idea what the fuss was all about.

At any rate, the loss of Paul Secor's contributions would be a major one. I hope he reconsiders.

6 minutes ago, medjuck said:

He sent me a pm during that contretemps thanking me for defending him when Jim literally threatened him.  I didn't really defend him, just responded to Jim. Didn't seem to be a moderator there. 

Um, my response just now reading that thread was similar to yours. I’d advise Jim to be very careful when making comments like that on a public forum, because that could very well lead to a knock at the door. Very poorly worded, and in incredibly poor taste. Now it’s perfectly clear why Paul left. 

Just read that thread, minus Paul's deleted posts, of course. When I was a moderator here forum rules strictly warned against threatening people, but that's exactly what the contentious posts look like to me. I wonder what @Jim Alfredsonthinks of all this.

Edited by J.A.W.

7 minutes ago, Scott Dolan said:

Did you see his statement? Not a whole lot of context needed there. 

All I saw in this thread is that Paul got “riled up.”  Is there something in the other thread?

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

All I saw in this thread is that Paul got “riled up.”  Is there something in the other thread?

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?/topic/83002-allison-millers-boom-tic-boom-glitter-wolf/&do=findComment&comment=1632277

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?/topic/83002-allison-millers-boom-tic-boom-glitter-wolf/&do=findComment&comment=1632279

Remarks like "Now - am I myself armed? Maybe yes, maybe not. Do you want to find out? " and the image in the later post look pretty threatening to me.

Edited by J.A.W.

• JSngry locked this topic