New Gil Mellé - The Sentinel

La-La Land Records and Universal Studios proudly present the fourth title in the acclaimed Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection -- the world premiere official release of the original motion picture score to the big-screen 1977 horror chiller, THE SENTINEL, starring Chris Sarandon, Cristina Raines, Ava Gardner, Burgess Meredith and Martin Balsam, and directed by Michael Winner. Never before officially available in any format, renowned composer Gil Mellé’s chilling music is an expertly experimental mix of large orchestra and electronics that has earned its place as one of the great ’70s genre scores. Unnerving and horrific, tragic, yet somehow beautiful, Mellé’s work deepens the film with astounding dimensionality. Produced, mixed and mastered by Mike Matessino from multi-track studio vault elements, this special release is limited to 3000 units, includes bonus source and musical effects cues, and features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writers Jeff Bond and James Phillips, with sharp art design by Dan Goldwasser.

https://lalalandrecords.com/sentinel-the-limited-edition/

Is this the only way to order, or will there be other outlets? I'm interested, but at maybe a little lower price point.

otoh, if this is definitely all there's gonna be....who is it that's always talking about carpe-dieming? That fucker owes me money!

4 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Is this the only way to order, or will there be other outlets? I'm interested, but at maybe a little lower price point.

otoh, if this is definitely all there's gonna be....who is it that's always talking about carpe-dieming? That fucker owes me money!

It will probably be available from Screen Archives Entertainment and Dusty Groove.  The prices will likely be similar, but the shipping may vary by a few dollars.

If this is a slow seller, you may be able to buy it in a year or two for $10 or even $5 if they are trying create shelf space.

On the other hand, it could sell out quickly, and then you're stuck with second-hand copies for $100.

It's like playing the stock market.

Just thought folks here would want to know, either way.  

7 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Two years? What if I see the movie on TV next year and don't like it? Then I'm stuck having to sell it for less than I paid for it. Hardly seems like a winning proposition to me, better get it now and just never listen to it!

There is no direct correlation between the quality of the film and the quality of the score!  That said, the movie ain't bad for what it is - Halloween exploitation fun!

17 minutes ago, JSngry said:

That was a Disney-connected thing? I had no idea!

Are we talking about the same thing?

https://www.discogs.com/Gil-Mell%C3%A9-Waterbirds/release/2977768

I'm talking about the Disney True Life Adventures films, with scores by Thee Great Paul Smith.  I would love a CD set with all of these scores, but Disney is a bitch when it comes to licensing. 

20 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

There is no direct correlation between the quality of the film and the quality of the score!  That said, the movie ain't bad for what it is - Halloween exploitation fun!

Any film that states that the portal to hell is located in Brooklyn Heights is perfectly fine with me. My GF and I got thrown out of a bar in BH for lewd behavior.

3 hours ago, sgcim said:

Any film that states that the portal to hell is located in Brooklyn Heights is perfectly fine with me. My GF and I got thrown out of a bar in BH for lewd behavior.

Ha ha!  

I hope you didn't get any body fluids on your guitar.  :lol:

Edited by Teasing the Korean