Aketa Disk/Deep Jazz Reality reissues

Harbour

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Deep Jazz Reality is now reissuing titles from the Trio label, under the banner "Jazz Legends in Japan." These two Cecil Taylor titles are coming back into circulation:

R-13607089-1557411789-7770.jpeg.jpg

Solo • 1980¥ • available May 20, 2020

R-11665642-1520288808-6736.jpeg.jpg

Akisakila • 1980¥ • available May 20, 2020

I've had the music as digital files for ages, but have never owned any sort of hard copy. This can now change! CD Japan has been slow to list Deep Jazz Reality titles, but they do eventually show up on their site.

There's a new batch of Deep Jazz Reality - a collection of Tribe's albums, mostly Wendell Harrisons'.

The most interesting is definatyle the 2CD "A Message From The Tribe". The second CD is full of alternate mixes (which is a bit of a bummer, as there are no outtakes or live tracks, but still - some 70's music was a bit too rough and new mixing could resurrect it, like Stanton Davis on "Isis Voyage")

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/OTLCD-2475?s_ssid=e323b45e94c0fecd0a

18 hours ago, barnaba.siegel said:

There's a new batch of Deep Jazz Reality - a collection of Tribe's albums, mostly Wendell Harrisons'.

The most interesting is definatyle the 2CD "A Message From The Tribe". The second CD is full of alternate mixes (which is a bit of a bummer, as there are no outtakes or live tracks, but still - some 70's music was a bit too rough and new mixing could resurrect it, like Stanton Davis on "Isis Voyage")

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/OTLCD-2475?s_ssid=e323b45e94c0fecd0a

Wow. Thanks for sharing that! I already have most of the Tribes in various formats, but since "A Message From The Tribe" is one of my all-time favorites, I think I need this 2 CD version. The P-Vine CD that came out a bunch of years ago consisted in large part of alternate vocal takes and mixes (unintentionally, I think), so I'm guessing that's what makes up the bonus disc here. The mastering on that P-Vine CD was horrible though, so I'm hoping this is a step up!

On 4/11/2020 at 6:07 PM, Late said:

Deep Jazz Reality is now reissuing titles from the Trio label, under the banner "Jazz Legends in Japan." These two Cecil Taylor titles are coming back into circulation:

R-13607089-1557411789-7770.jpeg.jpg

Solo • 1980¥ • available May 20, 2020

R-11665642-1520288808-6736.jpeg.jpg

Akisakila • 1980¥ • available May 20, 2020

I've had the music as digital files for ages, but have never owned any sort of hard copy. This can now change! CD Japan has been slow to list Deep Jazz Reality titles, but they do eventually show up on their site.

I have both titles on vinyl and cd.

3 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I have both titles on vinyl and cd.

I bet the vinyl sounds good. I have vinyl rips but no hardcopies. It's about the fourth time these titles have had a compact disc reissue in Japan. But it's the first time I won't miss their limited sales window! :D

4 hours ago, Harbour said:

I’ve always been interested in the Jack De Johnette - Jackeyboard one, amazingly in these days of everything being available I have never come across a rip or leak of it anywhere! Does anyone have it, what’s it like?

Just dug this one out, hadn't listened to it in ages. It's fine, but not too interesting or memorable, similar to the other piano album he did in the 1980s.