Discogs Problem

Hello.

I bought a Dave Liebman CD from a seller on Discogs who listed the disc in NM condition and is refusing to issue refund as CD arrived with scratches. Seller will not issue refund and is threatening to return CD if I mail it back with tracking. 

Has anyone else experience this issue with Discogs seller and how best to go about getting refund - the Discogs site does not appear user friendly in navigating how to resolve issue- they just give a link to various articles and give and give a link to help center” which Again refers you to these articles.

Thanks

Bob

Edited by bebopbob

Felser's advice is spot on. That is the way to deal with dishonest sellers. Always use a credit card through Paypal so you have two layers of protection when dealing with a seller on such a platform the first time. Most people are honest and will try to accommodate reasonable claims.

I've started requiring insurance for LPs after the USPS bent a package to hell, the buyer's photos were convincing. No complaints about that so far and if they destroy another LP, the buyer will collect $50 ffom the insurance, which is what I insure every shipment for that I send.

Sorry to hear about the problem, Bob.

The above advice is good, but I have found that the Discogs people will help if there's a problem.

I have purchased dozens of items from sellers on Discogs, and the people (especially the Japanese) have been great. I had one problem retailer, who got spiteful and gave me false, and unwarranted negative feedback. I complained to Discogs and they removed it (and, I hope, the retailer).

I recommend against buying an LP described as VG+. They always say that, and you get Rice Krispie City.